PDA

View Full Version : Contacting NCAA Equipment Manager

EA884
12-29-2015, 01:38 PM
I have long been searching for a game used football helmet from a smaller NCAA school for several years and to no avail. Is it inappropriate to try contacting the equipment manager at the university? Also, does anybody know if there are accounting issues with the sale of game used equipment from universities? Like in other words, do schools avoid such sales because it would cause issues with things such as which account the money goes into from such sales, etc. Would it be better to offer the school a donation to the football program to avoid any red tape associated with selling equipment? Thanks for any help on this.

TigersCubs84
12-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Always try looking on Ebay. Always a lot of odd ball items there. I would email the equipment guy and ask. I know for a fact some schools give Seniors their helmets. Other schools let players buy them, they just tack it on to the players "fees" or expenses tab. After a bunch of parking tickets, the player figures what's another $150 for a helmet? LOL!

Sioux4Ever
12-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Being a former EQ guy for a high profile NCAA hockey team and was flooded with requests all the time. We would sell certain things that we were allowed to and the money went back into our budget for the team and not to the school seeing as the money originally came out of our budget to begin with. You can absolutely contact them if you find their email!!! The worse they can say is no we can't sell them.

Sioux4Ever
12-29-2015, 09:20 PM
Those donations as well can technically be sconsidered a violation if they offer you something in return. The NCAA is a tricky organization to deal with. I'd just say email the EQ guy and ask if you could purchase a game ball and see what happens.......that's gonna be your best bet.

EA884
12-30-2015, 09:01 AM
Thanks TigersCub and Sioux. I'll email the equipment manager and see what he has to say. Sioux, as as equipment manager with an NCAA program, would you actually respond to the emails given that you received so many?

Sioux4Ever
12-30-2015, 04:14 PM
I know I personally did yes. I always felt like I needed to tell people we couldn't sell those products or if we could sell em give them prices and stuff. Now we were one of the premiere programs in NCAA hockey so we got A LOT of requests but I did try to answer them all if I could.