PDA

View Full Version : Worth Tennessee thumper question

Juicyfruit66
12-20-2015, 02:35 PM
There's a worth Tennessee thumper circa 1988 for sale , says hand crafted above player name and "model" is written under player name. The knob isn't visible, did they make these retail or would retail ones have had other writing on the barrel to differentiate from player issue bats. I know player issue would have stampings on knob but since it isn't visible I was wondering if worth had bats made identical to player issue except the knobs or if I can tell by barrel markings alone.

ndevlin
12-20-2015, 02:41 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=48154

Juicyfruit66
12-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Thanks but I'm trying to figure out if worth made retail bats identical to player issue with only the knobs being different ? Kind of what Louisville slugger does for autograph bats or rawlings . Or did all the worth retail bats not have hand crafted up top of barrel and model under player name. Bats in a case I can't read the knob.

Juicyfruit66
12-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Ill post pics to illustrate, are there any worth bats that were sold that look like this tony pena but don't have the markings in the knob signifying player issue? Cause the bat I'm looking at looks just like this but I can't read the knob portion to verify

Juicyfruit66
12-20-2015, 06:34 PM
I should clarify the barrel is identical to the pena, the worth markings are circa 1988 with filled in lettering and W on top.

ndevlin
12-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Bat is fine. If you go to the auction, it shows a pic of the knob.

Plus, it's Tony Pena.

Juicyfruit66
12-20-2015, 09:35 PM
The Pena was just an example of what the bat I'm talking about looks like, I posted the Pena bat as an example. I have no access to the knob to view it. Sorry it's kind of cryptic, basically trying to figure out if worth made retail bats that look exactly like that Pena model but without knob info..

Juicyfruit66
12-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Sorry guys I'm basically asking an easy question on a complicated way, I think this is the best way to ask it: "can a worth hand crafted model bat be retail?"

Juicyfruit66
12-20-2015, 10:59 PM
I think I just got my answer, looks like worth made retails just like Louisville didLook at this on eBay:

JOSE CANSECO Signed Autographed Game Model Baseball Bat from MVP Season, PSA/DNA

http://ebay.to/1J1pbfg

jmeekins33
12-21-2015, 01:18 AM
They did for Canseco. I''m not 100% sure but I think the handle was marked simple with a "5" on them instead of the correct model number like WC115, etc. They were made for autograph signings at card shows I think. I used to have one of the "card show" bats. They are very nice.

Juicyfruit66
12-21-2015, 02:16 AM
Okay cool that makes sense....mystery solved, also explains why there are so many mint looking canseco thumpers out there compared to other players I guess.