PDA

View Full Version : Celebz Auction

onlyalbert
12-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on the Rickey Henderson bat and Cora ASG team signed jersey? What is the value on the bat? Seems like a reasonable price for a signed HOF. And a good price for a team signed ASG jersey? Still looking through the other items.

ndevlin
12-14-2015, 10:04 PM
If anyone here won the Henderson bat and wants to make a few extra bucks, let me know.

Juicyfruit66
12-14-2015, 11:29 PM
When i run celebz auction in search here threads come up not painting it in a very reliable light, can anyone comment on if their items are reliable?

Juicyfruit66
12-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Ndevlin, remember that Guerrero issued bat you sold me? It had the celebz direct sticker on it and the signature was brutal. For the record , he sold me the bat based on its own merits and not the signature on it. I love the bat and ndevlin gave me great price on it. I used olive oil to rub it off and plan on getting it re signed in April. Anyways, after seeing the signature associated with their authentication sticker it's made me wonder...

Juicyfruit66
12-15-2015, 12:56 AM
It didn't come close to the sig I had him do in person, maybe I erased an actual autograph but it just looked so sloppy. Here 's what it looked like

Juicyfruit66
12-15-2015, 12:58 AM
And here's his actual sig

Juicyfruit66
12-15-2015, 01:06 AM
Unless the celebz direct one is from earlier days where his signature is kind of ugly? In any case, I'm looking forward to getting it done in front of my eyes next April. NDevlin thanks again for the bat

Juicyfruit66
12-15-2015, 11:55 AM
By doing more research it looks like it may be an older signature style he used...yes, I olive oiled out a possibly legit sig (slow clap) :(

STLHAMMER32
12-16-2015, 12:17 AM
It's a legit signature in my opinion. You have to keep in mind the surface as well when comparing signatures. The type of marker used and the surface (especially a bat) will drastically change how the signature looks.

Juicyfruit66
12-16-2015, 01:44 AM
Yeah I think I really messed up...it's gone now it a bath of olive oil. The only saving grace will be hopefully re signs it way nicer in April and I won't feel like an idiot for destroying the first version

ndevlin
12-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Ndevlin, remember that Guerrero issued bat you sold me? It had the celebz direct sticker on it and the signature was brutal. For the record , he sold me the bat based on its own merits and not the signature on it. I love the bat and ndevlin gave me great price on it. I used olive oil to rub it off and plan on getting it re signed in April. Anyways, after seeing the signature associated with their authentication sticker it's made me wonder...

Oh yeah, I definitely remember the bat. The auto was a bit sloppy but I didn't have a real issue with it considering it was done on a bat. Plus, his early sig(minors and Expos) can be sloppy at times. I think he takes a little more pride in his sig now, sorta.

Oh well, at least you can get him to sign it again.

Acerrob
12-17-2015, 10:50 PM
you erased his rookie sig which is when that bat is from around 1997?

Juicyfruit66
12-18-2015, 12:59 AM
no, the bat is from 2002