PDA

View Full Version : Why so Cheap???????????????

JRocker49
01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I was wondering why some guys like Rickey Henderson's items dont sell i got a bat of his for 185 from mos sports great use awesome bat this guy has 300 hits and Sb leader. then there is carlos lee i just picked up a uncracked signed HR bat of his from 05 for 150 which for a guy who hit 300 37 jacks and over 100 rbi is not bad at all i just dont get it. David wright has put up nothing close to these buys and his stuff is going for a ton please help

kingjammy24
01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
rickey henderson was a hell of a player and undeniably is a first ballot HOF'er. it's not so much that his items go for cheap prices (i wish; anyone want to let a 1991 henderson game-used jersey go for less than $600?), it's more a case of items from his declining years going for cheap prices. there's simply a ton of them out there. items from his prime yankees and athletics days still fetch a premium. those items are hard to come by though. MOS has some fantastic cleats of his from the early 90s that i'd love to snag but they're a bit much for me at $1600.
anyway, for a guy who played a total of 30 games with the dodgers, there seem to be 10 or 15 dodgers henderson gamers out there. they're everywhere. his dodgers, red sox, and mariners items are easy to find and don't seem to go for very much. i'd argue that his yankees and a's stuff is still hot though. as well, items from his 1993 season with the jays command a premium. there's a collector out there with his 1993 world series game jersey that i bet would attract a serious frenzy.

as for david wright, some collectors love to speculate. they love the thought of getting an early piece from someone they believe is the next mantle. most times, the rookie doesn't pan out. personally, i think paying high for hyped rookies is always a losing proposition.

if you wanted to compare apples to apples though, i'd wager that a rookie henderson gamer would blow a rookie wright gamer completely out of the water in terms of the sales price. the jerseys aren't even in the same league. what you're comparing here though is an early wright piece (pumped up by hype/speculation) to henderson pieces from his final, declining years). not really an accurate comparison.

rudy.

bscott
01-25-2007, 10:26 PM
brings up a fun thread idea:

what are some lopsided game used bat values by player comparison?

one example:
i think of a jeter bat $1500-2500+ vs miguel cabrera $300+.

a lot of it comes down to location, location, location.

wright plays for NY.
henderson most recently played for the Newark Bears.

that is a good price for the henderson bat, though.

NegleyPirate
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I was wondering why some guys like Rickey Henderson's items dont sell i got a bat of his for 185 from mos sports great use awesome bat this guy has 300 hits and Sb leader. then there is carlos lee i just picked up a uncracked signed HR bat of his from 05 for 150 which for a guy who hit 300 37 jacks and over 100 rbi is not bad at all i just dont get it. David wright has put up nothing close to these buys and his stuff is going for a ton please help Hello, I was wondering are u the guy on Ebay that had the Grady Sizemore bat for sale? plmk