PDA

View Full Version : A new jersey added to my Cal Bears collection...

Dewey2007
12-08-2015, 01:07 AM
Today I had the pleasure of receiving a game worn jersey from current Chicago White Sox pitcher Erik Johnson. He's a young man I know from Cal-Berkeley where I work and where he pitched and is currently working towards completing his degree. This semester he's finishing up his senior thesis under the supervision of an instructor in our department. I emailed him after he was called up and asked if I could have a game jersey after the season ended for my Cal Bears collection and today he brought it by my office. He's a nice young man and I hope he can continue to build off the solid September he had this past season.

I photomatched the jersey to his start on Sept. 6, 2015 when he defeated the eventual WS champion Royals and more importantly avoided serious injury when he was able to deflect a broken bat that came at him. See video link...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/147758484/white-sox-pitcher-erik-johnson-struck-by-bat

Samets
12-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Awesome! Congrats!

ironmanfan
12-08-2015, 07:39 AM
a very kind gesture on his part....it's funny but whenever I see a White Sox jersey with a #45, I think of one time ChiSox hopeful, Michael Jordan...

G1X
12-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Nice pickup, Dewey!!!

Mark Hayne

both-teams-played-hard
12-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Nice Jersey, Dewey!