PDA

View Full Version : 6200 vs 0062 Jerseys

Danny899
12-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Hello, I know most Majestic gamers from a few years back all have the 0062 tag on the inside. Have there ever been times when a 6200 made it into a game? I've often read that many players, realizing the value of their jerseys often had more jerseys made up for use on their own. I have a Rickey Henderson Dodgers home and road jersey. Henderson collectors know that his jerseys are often tailored at the bottom and exhibit a lot of wear on the front from head first sliding. Both jerseys exhibit these indicators. Each jersey is signed on the front and comes with a hand signed COA from Rickey as well. However, the inside tag reads 6200. I value everyone's opinion here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Dan

Phil316
12-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Hello, I know most Majestic gamers from a few years back all have the 0062 tag on the inside. Have there ever been times when a 6200 made it into a game? I've often read that many players, realizing the value of their jerseys often had more jerseys made up for use on their own. I have a Rickey Henderson Dodgers home and road jersey. Henderson collectors know that his jerseys are often tailored at the bottom and exhibit a lot of wear on the front from head first sliding. Both jerseys exhibit these indicators. Each jersey is signed on the front and comes with a hand signed COA from Rickey as well. However, the inside tag reads 6200. I value everyone's opinion here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Dan

Here are some past posts discussing the very same question.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=6786&highlight=6200+wash+code

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=5440&highlight=6200+wash+code

Danny899
12-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Thank you Phil!

Phil316
12-05-2015, 10:53 PM
No problem. I bet those Hendersons are beauties

Danny899
12-06-2015, 02:00 AM

Hello Phil,
I've been happily collecting Henderson gamers since the 90's. I have nearly 20 of his jerseys. Some of the nicer ones I owned are an As' 1980 green pullover, (Rickey's first full season) the 1993 W.S.Blue Jays jersey that he wore while standing on 2nd base when Joe Carter hit the HR to end the series and his 93 All Star game jersey. I have a gamer from each team he played for. Except for that darn elusive Angels jersey! I also have many caps, spikes and unusual items like his endorsed 1988 paycheck from the Yankees. Spikes are his main tool, just like Ozzie Smith's glove. I'd like to post some pictures here, but I can't figure it out yet. I keep getting an error message telling me that my picture needs to be smaller. No clue how to do it! Again, thank you for your input!
Dan

Danny899
12-06-2015, 02:20 AM

One other thing I overlooked about my 2 Henderson Dodgers jerseys is that they're both size 46. If I'm not mistaken, size 46 is not available for retail purchase?

sox83cubs84
12-06-2015, 07:24 PM
One other thing I overlooked about my 2 Henderson Dodgers jerseys is that they're both size 46. If I'm not mistaken, size 46 is not available for retail purchase?

That statement is accurate.

Dave M.

Danny899
12-07-2015, 07:19 PM
That statement is accurate.

Dave M.

Hi Dave,
I've always valued your opinion since I started collecting gamers long ago. What's your take on the 6200's? With all the indicators I listed, (cut at the bottom, significant front wear, autographed, size 46 and a hand signed coa from Rickey himself) is there a good chance they're both genuine? Good to hear from you again Dave. Hope this post finds you well.
Dan

sox83cubs84
12-08-2015, 12:18 AM
Hi Dave,
I've always valued your opinion since I started collecting gamers long ago. What's your take on the 6200's? With all the indicators I listed, (cut at the bottom, significant front wear, autographed, size 46 and a hand signed coa from Rickey himself) is there a good chance they're both genuine? Good to hear from you again Dave. Hope this post finds you well.
Dan

It's hard to say without seeing 'em, but it might be possible.

Dave M.

Justin_NL
01-19-2016, 10:37 AM
https://goldinauctions.com/2003_Rickey_Henderson_Final_Career_Stolen_Base_Pho-LOT20683.aspx#

Danny / Dave

i wonder if you could be of assistance. Ive done some extensive research on the above.... ( this post, Danny i have some other stats too )

1. Rickey played 30 games with Dodgers
2. Rickey stole 3 bases. Caught stealing 0 times. ( i have the dates if need be)
3. Of 3 stolen bases, 2 were at home. 1 was away . (That would give him 3 dirty jerseys to speak off) -- His stats on Run scored and photography do not prpose any head first slides at the plate..

( Danny you say you have 1 of each ) i have a picture of his 2nd stolen base , very clear... if your jersey doesnt match this one, then it should (here - http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/rickey-henderson-of-the-dodgers-gets-the-attention-on-al-news-photo/75969043 ) <<- This is #2 on the year )

So according to this info, Danny this should be your jersey in the Getty Image, if the Goldin one, is true to form...

4. The Golden one, comes as size 46 . Any concern there? I have seen both trimmed jerseys and untrimmed, but in regards to majestic...

5. Ive requested a video for the entire game from MLB to get better stills. i have some "matches" that are good, but vague. ( i can share if want )...but could do better

Love to hear your thoughts, help!!

thanks!!

Justin_NL
01-19-2016, 10:40 AM
6. Also, the one in the getty picture (dirt marks) does not match Goldin ..as you can see where dirt went into the "GERS" and the "5"....( which again would make sense)

7. Validity of Rickey letter? obviously would need to pass authentication...but given the date --- 2013...seems different than most...

https://goldinauctions.com/2003_Rickey_Henderson_Final_Career_Stolen_Base_Pho-LOT20683.aspx#

Danny / Dave

i wonder if you could be of assistance. Ive done some extensive research on the above.... ( this post, Danny i have some other stats too )

1. Rickey played 30 games with Dodgers
2. Rickey stole 3 bases. Caught stealing 0 times. ( i have the dates if need be)
3. Of 3 stolen bases, 2 were at home. 1 was away . (That would give him 3 dirty jerseys to speak off) -- His stats on Run scored and photography do not prpose any head first slides at the plate..

( Danny you say you have 1 of each ) i have a picture of his 2nd stolen base , very clear... if your jersey doesnt match this one, then it should (here - http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/rickey-henderson-of-the-dodgers-gets-the-attention-on-al-news-photo/75969043 ) <<- This is #2 on the year )

So according to this info, Danny this should be your jersey in the Getty Image, if the Goldin one, is true to form...

4. The Golden one, comes as size 46 . Any concern there? I have seen both trimmed jerseys and untrimmed, but in regards to majestic...

5. Ive requested a video for the entire game from MLB to get better stills. i have some "matches" that are good, but vague. ( i can share if want )...but could do better

Love to hear your thoughts, help!!

thanks!!

Phil316
01-19-2016, 01:50 PM
The Godin one is a size 44 not 46.

Phil316
01-19-2016, 01:51 PM
The Godin one is a size 44 not 46.

Goldin I meant.

Justin_NL
01-19-2016, 02:26 PM
Goldin I meant.