PDA

View Full Version : NFL Helmets

Danny899
12-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Hello everyone,
Being a baseball gamer collector only, I'm hoping someone here can help me with a question I have about football helmets. When it comes to authentic and replica helmets, are there any differences other than weight and protective padding? More specifically, from just looking at them and not holding one, do they appear the same from the outside? Thanks.
Dan

bgakladd
12-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Dan, for the Riddell VSR-4 replica model there will be no rivets at the bottom of the ear hole area compared to the authentics which have them. If the replica VSR-4 has no interior padding and has the black plastic cover inside, there will be an extra hole down the center ridge in back for the retaining screw to hold the cover in place. On the newer Riddell helmets like Speed and Revolution, I dont remember much difference on the outside except for the jaw pad inflating stem. It is blocked off so nothing can be inserted.

Danny899
12-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Dan, for the Riddell VSR-4 replica model there will be no rivets at the bottom of the ear hole area compared to the authentics which have them. If the replica VSR-4 has no interior padding and has the black plastic cover inside, there will be an extra hole down the center ridge in back for the retaining screw to hold the cover in place. On the newer Riddell helmets like Speed and Revolution, I dont remember much difference on the outside except for the jaw pad inflating stem. It is blocked off so nothing can be inserted.

Thank you so much for the information!

Danny899
12-06-2015, 02:15 AM
Thank you!