PDA

View Full Version : Another NFL Jersey trading article

jake33
12-04-2015, 01:53 PM
By the sounds of it, the equipment managers are getting annoyed by this.... To me this seems pretty avoidable to stop the chaos for the equipment managers.

Why not ask players to have a mandated time to have all jersey trading requests in by? Set a deadline. Ask the players (for example 10 days before the game) or whatever will be easiest for the equipment managers to get blank jerseys redone. If it becomes a big hassle too, why not just charge more then too? To me it seems like an equipment manager complaining about this has really enabled it to get out of hand, rather than controlling the situation.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Sharrif-Floyds-Jersey-Collecting-Keeps-Manager-on-Toes/102f886a-3241-46a5-8607-3252157af1ab?campaign=sf16533013+sf16533013

mad87man
12-04-2015, 06:34 PM
I highly doubt an equipment manager is going to have a say over a star players equipment. These guys do as they please.

I don't get how it says they only get 2 jerseys per year though. One and one away. What about when they send jerseys to NFL for Salute to serivice or Breast cancer awareness?

Mattapan03
12-04-2015, 11:45 PM
I would think its even more annoying for folks like Meigray who shell out big bucks to have team contracts only to lose valuable jerseys to this trading. Its starting to get out of hand.

sportsnbikes
12-04-2015, 11:50 PM
I don't understand why the eq managers even care.

Sioux4Ever
12-05-2015, 12:30 AM
As a former EQ manager, all be it a college team not pros, it is quite the hassle when you need to get these jerseys and items ordered when you do inventory on a Monday and you have to be leaving on a Thursday. It can cause problems up the wazoo!!! The EQ guys have the hardest job on the team and they have reason to complain as these guys are just causing way more hassle than need be.