PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Hobby

helf35
10-31-2015, 12:44 PM
I would first like to say thanks to the many people I have met through this site and the handful of people I talk with on a regular basis and those who have helped me pick up some amazing pieces of my collection. This last few years have been difficult for me and my family with the sudden loss of my father and brother. I made the decision about 6 months ago but the wheels are starting to turn. My wife and I have quit our jobs and moved back home. I found a job locally and I bought a 3,000 sq/ft home at auction for $4,500 and yes that number is correct. My hometown is tiny only about 550 people. I have decided just to keep a single bat from each of my favorite White Sox players and who I consider greats. I am also collecting game used baseballs of Chris Sale and Rodon because its way cheaper than the Jerseys. I have sold a large majority of my items already but will be posting a few things on here in the classifieds. Thanks to all for the knowledge and help I have gained from this site. For those looking for items at the garage sale you can still get ahold of me as I will still be going because well it never hurts to window shop. Thanks again.

both-teams-played-hard
10-31-2015, 01:35 PM
I am sorry to hear of the losses of your Dad and Brother. Times are tough for me, also. Prayers really work!
I have sold every jersey I own!
Think positive and take care of your wife.
This too will pass.

niembre
10-31-2015, 02:33 PM
If you have and Ryne Sandberg game used items, send me an IM.
Thanks.

skyking26
11-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Sorry for your loss