PDA

View Full Version : Minor league Bicentennial Bat Question

cdamico0758
10-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know if Louisville Slugger issued Bicentennial bats to all the minor leagues in 1976? I recently picked up a bat of a player who never made it past single A ball. I was just wondering if minor league bicentennial bats are rarer then the Major League versions.

sox83cubs84
10-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know if Louisville Slugger issued Bicentennial bats to all the minor leagues in 1976? I recently picked up a bat of a player who never made it past single A ball. I was just wondering if minor league bicentennial bats are rarer then the Major League versions.

It's possible. I recall once seeing an H&B Bicentennial bat issused to current superagent Scott Boras, who played in the minors from 1974-77. Whie he rose to Double-A before calling it a career, he was in High A ball (Florida State League) in 1976.

Dave Miedema

ironmanfan
10-28-2015, 08:12 AM
I have a BiCentennial bat used by Rich Dauer @ Rochester in 1976, so I suspect that all bats manufactured/issued that season had the Liberty Bell logo.

As far as a bat issued to player to have only reached A Ball, the only value would be perhaps to him and/or his family (regardless of whether every bat issued had the logo or not).

soxbats
10-28-2015, 09:19 PM
Yes, H&B did manufacture bats with the bicentennial label for minor leaguers, I have seen a number of examples of this.

Soxbats at aol dot com
Collecting Red Sox bats, still looking for Felix Mantilla, George Smith, Ken Poulsen, and Carmen Fanzone