PDA

View Full Version : Steiner, ESM, etc....exclusive rights?

Yankwood
12-22-2005, 02:44 PM
I often hear that Steiner has exclusive rights to game used Yankee stuff, but then how is ESM able to sell and auction off Tino, Sierra, Sheff etc. bats, batting gloves et al. on ebay and clearly state that it is from 2005?

Yankwood
12-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Nobody care to tackle this one?:confused:

Good Eye Sports
12-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I'm pretty sure the deal Steiner has with the Yankees is that they have exclusive rights to all of Yankees team issued equipment such as jerseys, batting helmets, caps, pants and game equipment like balls, bases, rosin bags, lineup cards,etc.

Bats, cleats, sunglasses, batting gloves, wristbands, and other personal equipment are not issued by the team but by companies that the players endorse or given the equipment by prospective companies for possible endorsement.

Therefore I believe the players are free to do whatever they want with their personal equipment, and if they choose to sell their equipment they will so through a marketing company whom they have a relationship with.

Jeter (exclusive), Posada, Bernie, all have a relationship with Steiner hence the reason why their personal equipment is marketed through them. Same goes with Tino, Ruben, Cano with ESM, ASI.

I believe the Yankees (Steiner) and Rangers (Meigray) are the only MLB teams that use a third party marketing company to sell team-issued equipment.

I hope this helps and feel free to correct me if what I'm saying is not accurate.

Thanks,

Goh

suave1477
01-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I beleive steiner has certain rights to jeter like signing jerseys bats and balls, but not arod or sheff thay have there own companies so they can do what they want. if you notice esm sells a lot of less popular players stuff such as sierra, sturtze, chacon, gordon, white. They sell balls and bats of them but they also sell a lot of addball shirts which anyone can get there hands on.

Elite Sports
01-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Steiner has te exclusive rights to all of the items that the Yankees own such as jerseys, hats, chairs, etc. We have exclusive rights with Gary Sheffield, Ruben Sierra, Tom Gordon, and Tanyon Sturtze. We have dealt with a bunch of the other Yankees such as Robinson Cano, Tino Martinez, Roy White, and Mel Stottlemyre. We also worked with Alex Rodriguez for 5 years. We do not get game used jerseys, hats, or any item that the Yankees own but we are allow to get game used items that the players own such as cleats, bats, batting gloves, shorts, etc. I hope this answers your question.

Matt