PDA

View Full Version : $1 dollar bin at flea market care to guess?

crisco511
10-01-2015, 06:08 AM
I got a ton of these out of the dollar bin at a local flea market. Some were marked, but most weren't. I was able to figure out a good amount, but there are still alot left. Any help would be appreciated.

sox83cubs84
10-02-2015, 03:53 PM
I THINK the last signature card is Julio Franco.

Dave Miedema

STLFan2003
10-02-2015, 07:15 PM
any idea what year these cards are from? or set name?

danesei@yahoo.com
10-03-2015, 06:18 AM
any idea what year these cards are from? or set name?

They're not from a set. They're homemade cards used for getting signatures. Sometimes they're sold on eBay as "1/1" cards, which they aren't. Being unauthorized, they're also unlimited.

STLFan2003
10-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Do you think then these autographs were obtained through the mail or in person? If in person, perhaps the OP's location could be helpful.

crisco511
10-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Thanks everybody. These are just generic cards for a person to get an autograph on when they don't have anything else, kind of like a fancy index card. The fellow that got the autographs got them in person (it was his business/hobby for a while), but family issues caused him to get out. I've gone through alot of them with him, but he has done so many signings over the years, he doesn't remember who they are. These were purchased in the Baltimore area, but this guy did autograph hunting all over the country. They could be minor league, college, other region MLB. I probably have about 50 of these. Baseball, Football, Basketball, Celebrity. Occasionally I find a gem (Michael Phelps) once in awhile. If the price is right I'll take a chance. For example, here's a baseball that I got this weekend at the flea market from a different vendor. One signature was easy. It's Jason Veritek. The other I'm not sure about. Looks like a game used ball and both signatures are on top of the dirt. I suspect it may be a foul or home run ball that may be signed by the pitcher and batter, but at different times. I could use some help with the second signature. I don't think it's David Wells.

ahuff
10-29-2015, 04:10 PM
It looks like Dave Valle