PDA

View Full Version : Ebay #331639797514: not a "spring training" jersey

sox83cubs84
08-29-2015, 09:15 PM
This piece has never had nor does it have a NOB like it should. This is one of the smattering of tagged (year only) salesman's samples made by Wilson that year, detectable because of one or more of the following: Missing NOB or no space for NOB where one should exist; missing elements in tagging; missing or added after-the-fact sleeve patches, or location of Wilson tag. This one qualifies in regards to the first two.

Dave Miedema

esquiresports
09-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Dave,

Thank you for posting this. Extremely helpful and will keep me from bidding "just in case" it may be legit. This jersey caught my eye and I wanted to believe in it, but had not seen an example of the year being sewn into the bottom of the jersey instead of the jersey number, along with the no name on back. I thought I could get myself past no name on back, but the year tag worried me. Makes sense this was a salesman's sample.

Thanks again.

sox83cubs84
09-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Dave,

Thank you for posting this. Extremely helpful and will keep me from bidding "just in case" it may be legit. This jersey caught my eye and I wanted to believe in it, but had not seen an example of the year being sewn into the bottom of the jersey instead of the jersey number, along with the no name on back. I thought I could get myself past no name on back, but the year tag worried me. Makes sense this was a salesman's sample.

Thanks again.

You are most welcome.

Dave M.