PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Protection

slab0meat
08-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Sorry for a new thread about this.. every time I try and search on the site, I'm getting error messages.

I've recently gotten a few MLB jerseys that have decent dirt stains on them. I'm just looking for something to cover them (clear plastic?) since they hang with all the cleaner jerseys too.. so, just looking for recommendations.

Thanks.

Swoboda4
08-23-2015, 10:31 AM
The direct answer is the plastic that gets put on dry cleaning. I have gone to the local dry cleaner and bought some for that purpose of hanging together non-display jerseys that are soiled, or have a particular smell (jokes welcome).

The red clay/dirt that is on most professional and local infields (especially in the northeast) is very difficult to take off jerseys/uniforms (and white leather sneakers). I don't know what's in it that does that. It's not regular dirt. I favor jerseys with these "stains" as they help photo match. It almost makes sense for major league teams to sell them ten times their cost, and buy new.

HawaiiSportsNut
08-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Go to ebay and type in "garment bag poly". I bought mines from a seller that had a roll of 50.

TigersCubs84
08-23-2015, 04:36 PM
What Swoboda said. Just go to the dry cleaners and ask for a couple sheets of the thin sheets they use. They will just give them to you. Works great.

slab0meat
08-23-2015, 04:46 PM
I did think of the dry cleaners before I posted, but I know the one we use has colored/non-see through bags, with the cleaners name on them. My preference was clear if available.

I just ordered some on eBay... thanks for the responses, guys.