PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Pujols Jersey

deacs86
01-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Along with the Bonds jerseys in my previous post i also acquired a 2001 Pujols home Cardinals jersey....i need help again as the jersey shows a ton of use..it has tagging that I have never seen for a 2001 Cardinals jersey..It has the Majestic tag in the tail...size 48 flag tag at bottom of majestic tag..majestic logo embroidered on sleeve...it also has a strip tag in the tail that reads 5 01 48 1..embroidered in light red thread...i willbe happy to send pics to anyone who mihght be able to help..the main reason i am asking for help is because i have sent pics of these jerseys to dealers who say no good, but they will pay $500 each for the jerseys...i did this last year with a 1981 Brett jersey that came from the same person...sold it for $350 as a vintage replica...then saw the jersey sell at auction for $4000 ...same thing happened with a 1999 Ricky Williams jersey I sold as a team issued, that later ended up in Vinatge Authenic auction last year witl Lampson Grade A7...just would like to know what I have...not out to scam anyone, or peddle bad jerseys..that has happened to me way to often..any help would be appreciated;)

RobSteinmetz
01-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Deacs,

There is absolutely no chance your Pujols jersey is game worn. The Cardinals didn't switch to Majestic until 2003. They wore Rawlings jerseys exclusively in 2001 and 2002. The strip tag is a complete fabrication, nothing the team, Majestic, or Rawlings would have ever produced. I've seen photos of the jersey you are talking about, and have told at least four different people it's no good. For the record, I am NOT one of the dealers who offered $500 for this jersey.

deacs86
01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
I appreciate the fast response..and the fact that you as one of the best in the business confirmed this..it makes a nice display piece!:rolleyes:

hblakewolf
01-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Interesting jersey, too bad it's not a legit team issued gamer. As such, can you shed some light on how you obtained it? Was it purchased from a dealer, and if so, who?

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

deacs86
01-18-2007, 09:20 PM
i will send you pics of the jersey....i bought a collection from someone in the chicago area....along with several others including a 81 Brett that was good;)

RobSteinmetz
01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Scott,

As I said before, I had about four people email me photos of a group of jerseys from the seller of the 2001 Pujols jersey. Apparently the seller was shopping them around to a number of collectors in the hobby. That group also included a #7 Bonds rookie jersey (wrong manufacturer and incorrect strip tagging) and a Maddux road Cubs jersey (wrong size). I did not see the '81 Brett, but I'd love to see photos of the jersey.