PDA

View Full Version : Robin Ventura Game Used vs Game Ready

Swoboda4
08-18-2015, 06:28 PM
I obtained, from two different sources, two 1999 Robin Ventura "game used" Rawlings blond Adirondack bats. What I found was that one was more than likely a true game ready bat. The "game ready" wasn't taped up and it was clean as can be (Even now its without a hint of deadwood). I began to feel bad that it was not game used but as I noticed the differences, I was surprised to discover similarities. They were both stamped on the handle end "RV23" (model type?), 039, and 99 (year). What made me feel better about both bats is that the uniform number (4) marked with a black sharpie appear to be written by the same person. But what really made me smile was handwritten on both bats above "RV23"; in the same small script in pen "32 Ventura". In other words a perfect example of a bat before, and after.

Juan Gris
08-18-2015, 07:55 PM
That's a really cool before and after comparison of bats! Thanks for sharing.

FastLane80
08-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Nice bats! I've been looking for a Ventura bat from his days with a particular team and never noticed the tape job before. Is that something he did throughout his career?

Swoboda4
08-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Below are Ventura bats and his tape job. More so in the latter half of his career he would tape the bottom to have the handle meet the end of the bat. I look for this when I'm considering a Ventura game used bat.