PDA

View Full Version : TRADE: UCLA 1954 Rose Bowl helmet for Clemson/NCAA GU items

Clemson2004
08-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Originally was welling this helmet, but would also like to trade for Clemson game used items, would entertain other NCAA game used items as well. Just shoot me an email. I can give pics upon request. TKE499@gmail.com

Here is the description:
"All-American (third Heisman hopeful) Paul Cameron's UCLA 1954 Rose Bowl Helmet

Found this wonderful piece of history from a person who buys abandoned storage units and it sat in his garage for 10 years.

Has been authenticated by the guys over at Helmet Hut, and also said nothing has been faked. I have the email.

Inside the helmet it reads, "Rose, 1-1-54, Given to Tim Reisig, by his good friend, Briggs Hunt" and Briggs Hunt worked at UCLA for years.

**Briggs Hunt, Head Coach of the 1960 U.S. Olympic Greco-Roman Wrestling Team, was also a 1934 graduate of UCLA, served as the Bruins' head wrestling coach for 30 years until his resignation in 1965. He remained in the UCLA physical education department until his death.

**Paul Leslie Cameron (born August 17, 1932) is a former American football defensive back who played one season with the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the eighth round of the 1954 NFL Draft. Cameron played college football at the University of California, Los Angeles and attended Burbank High School in Burbank, California. He was also a member of the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League and was a CFL West Division All-Star in 1956. He was a Consensus All-American in 1953. Cameron was third in Heisman Trophy voting in 1953 and sixth in 1952. He lettered at UCLA in 1951, 1952 and 1953.

Cameron's name can be read on a piece of athletic tape (I think it is athletic tape) covered with what once was clear tape. Easier to make out in person. It is a Macgregor clear shell GoldSmith.

Has the original chinstrap, and is being kept in a sealed case. The case does not come with the helmet."