PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authentication Hologram Question (Pictures Included)

CncertLuvr
08-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Hey ya'll! Been collecting stuff for about a year now so I am pretty familiar with MLB holograms but I have never seen one like was attached to the game used baseball I got today. It looks like the older circular MLB holograms before they started using the elongated rectanglish type ones that are common now but this one isn't silver with the typical features that they normally have! The ball is from the first game ever at the new Busch Stadium in St. Louis and is an official minor league baseball as the game was between Springfield and Memphis. I obtained the ball directly from the Cardinals/MLB off of shop.mlb.com and the hologram number checks out in the MLB database as it should. I know yall have been doing this MUCH longer than I have so I knew this was the place to ask! Please let me know if ya'll have seen one like this before! Thanks for the help and opinions! :)

lakeerie92
08-11-2015, 01:09 AM
That is what one of the older holograms looks like when the silver backing comes off. Judging by the fact that there is none of that backing residue on the ball the hologram either peeled off at one point and the silver backing came off or it came off when the authenticator took the hologram off the roll and he still attached the sticker anyways. Just my theory on how that could have even happened.