PDA

View Full Version : Trout bat in Goldin

Nnunnari
08-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Did someone match this bat to Trout's first career HR?
http://www.goldinauctions.com/2011_Mike_Trout_Game_Used_and_Signed_Debut_Season_-LOT15160.aspx

earlywynnfan
08-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Am I reading that right? $18K for a Trout bat??

WOW!

BirdsOnBat
08-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Am I reading that right? $18K for a Trout bat??

WOW!

The Ted Williams went for 13k.

KGoldin
08-10-2015, 03:50 PM
We have always and continue to get tremendous prices for Trout items.
I personally was quite pleased with the $106,000 we achieved for our consignor on the 1997-98 Jordan regular season jersey we photo matched for him
And, of course, we are accepting consignments NOW for October Legends
ken@goldinauctions.com

http://www.goldinauctions.com/2011_Mike_Trout_Game_Used_and_Signed_Debut_Season_-LOT15160.aspx

Price Realized (Includes Buyers Premium): $18,832.5 2011 Trout PSA 10

http://www.goldinauctions.com/2012_Mike_Trout_Game_Used_Rookie_Bat__PSA_DNA_GU_9-LOT16630.aspx
Price Realized (Includes Buyers Premium): $10,327.5 2012 Trout PSA GU-9

http://www.goldinauctions.com/2012_Mike_Trout_Game_Used_and_Signed_Baseball_Used-LOT16601.aspx
Price Realized (Includes Buyers Premium): $2,673

and I imagine the consignor of the signed ball was happy with this
http://www.goldinauctions.com/Mike_Trout_Single_Signed_Baseball___Rookie_Signatu-LOT16887.aspx

Price Realized (Includes Buyers Premium): $607.5

yanks12025
08-11-2015, 08:34 AM
This hobby has so many dumb people. Who pays $2,000 for just a baseball. Or 18k for s trout rookie bat. That is crazy! 18k is more then some mantle bats, Williams, etc. even if trout ended up being the greatest(he won't) his items still should not be this high. There will be hundreds of his bats on the market by the time he retires.

Redcar23
08-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Just my two cents, I wouldn't label the people dumb for paying that. Obviously two people really wanted it and they had the expendable income to go that high and get it. If I wanted it and had money to spend, I'd probably do the same thing for the things I want.

Look at the Oshie jersey from the olympics, thing sold for $23K. Two guys wanted it and had the money to spend. Great for them. I wish I did whatever they did to get that much loot so I could bid on something like that and win it. I would've loved to have it but my pockets weren't that full. Just don't know why we have to label people stupid or dumb for bidding that if they have that much money to throw around.

I'd love to be in their shoes with that type of expendable income.

KGoldin
08-11-2015, 04:04 PM
May I safely say that Brock did not consign any Trout items to the auction! :)

Items are worth what people wish to pay for them. I think $225,000 for a bottle of wine that is pure vinegar, or $4.6 million for a car used in a tv show that doesn't drive (Batmobile) is crazy....or...a painting of a few lines and a box selling for $50 million is insane
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32749820

people buy what makes them happy, and as the mantle collectors get older, and retire, the younger collectors will get more money and the prices will increase
I remember when I was a young collector in 1980 and 3 1952 topps Mickey mantle cards sold for $4500 total...a whopping price
it was a limited but not a rare card
well I just sold one for $400,000 and if I had the nicest one of the lot I could get $4 million for it now

I would rather own any of the trout items that he ACTUALLY USED then a piece of cardboard with an intentional limited print that is randomly inserted into a $4 pack of cards and is assigned a value of $10,000

This hobby has so many dumb people. Who pays $2,000 for just a baseball. Or 18k for s trout rookie bat. That is crazy! 18k is more then some mantle bats, Williams, etc. even if trout ended up being the greatest(he won't) his items still should not be this high. There will be hundreds of his bats on the market by the time he retires.

BirdsOnBat
08-11-2015, 04:33 PM
as the mantle collectors get older, and retire, the younger collectors will get more money and the prices will increase

I think that's a very valid point. You're seeing lots of things like Barcades (craft beer/bars with 80's arcade games in them) being opened by a younger set of business owners now for example. Things that were nostalgic to them that now they have the assets can pursue.

Selfishly I'm glad we went right from Mantle to Trout and skipped my generation :)

3arod13
08-11-2015, 05:44 PM

+1

jbean023
08-12-2015, 03:40 AM
Just my two cents, I wouldn't label the people dumb for paying that. Obviously two people really wanted it and they had the expendable income to go that high and get it. If I wanted it and had money to spend, I'd probably do the same thing for the things I want.

Look at the Oshie jersey from the olympics, thing sold for $23K. Two guys wanted it and had the money to spend. Great for them. I wish I did whatever they did to get that much loot so I could bid on something like that and win it. I would've loved to have it but my pockets weren't that full. Just don't know why we have to label people stupid or dumb for bidding that if they have that much money to throw around.

I'd love to be in their shoes with that type of expendable income.

Items are worth what people wish to pay for them. I think $225,000 for a bottle of wine that is pure vinegar, or $4.6 million for a car used in a tv show that doesn't drive (Batmobile) is crazy....or...a painting of a few lines and a box selling for $50 million is insane
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32749820

people buy what makes them happy, and as the mantle collectors get older, and retire, the younger collectors will get more money and the prices will increase
I remember when I was a young collector in 1980 and 3 1952 topps Mickey mantle cards sold for $4500 total...a whopping price
it was a limited but not a rare card
well I just sold one for $400,000 and if I had the nicest one of the lot I could get $4 million for it now

I would rather own any of the trout items that he ACTUALLY USED then a piece of cardboard with an intentional limited print that is randomly inserted into a $4 pack of cards and is assigned a value of $10,000

Both +1

johnsontravis@ymail.com
08-12-2015, 08:52 AM
All of these items are one of a kind. There will be no more rookie Trout bats and the historical game where the ball came from will never happen again. Game used gear is worth whatever someone it willing to pay. Every item is different and can't be compared to another. Clearly two people thought that bat was worth $18k...so it is worth that.

This isn't like going to BestBuy buying a TV for $600 that is only $300 at Wal-Mart...it doesn't work that way.

Jags Fan Dan
08-12-2015, 06:25 PM
If you are after the hottest, "right now", trendiest pieces, you are going to have to overpay, and I say overpay in the meaning that you will not realize the same price for the same piece in 5-10 years from now. Demand is high right now, he is the best player in baseball this year.