PDA

View Full Version : 1998 McGwire jersey in SCP

Birdbats
08-05-2015, 12:47 PM
I contacted SCP last week about its Mac jersey, but it's still listed, so here's the scoop. The 1998 McGwire jersey they're offering (lot 497) has a shell that was used prior to 1998. In 1998, the team switched to larger, more-detailed birds with red beaks, and the orientation of the birds' tails relative to the bat changed. How can a major auction house like SCP not realize how bogus this jersey is?

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/ItemImages/000032/0342C2015Summer_lg.jpeg

http://newsnyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/B27Orksb3P.jpg

BirdsOnBat
08-05-2015, 01:55 PM
It would also seem odd to have a +3 length customization on a jersey that would likely end up being hemmed.

sox83cubs84
08-05-2015, 08:22 PM
SCP needs to change authenticators, as the one(s) they have now seem to be wrong on several items every auction.

Dave Miedema

Phil316
08-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Not to mention they do not take credit cards. So if a problem does arise kiss your money goodbye.

This company will vary rarely pull anything that is proven to be forged or not authentic. You could provide a mountain of evidence. I have given up trying to help them out. Some companies just do not care. Those companies....the law usually catches up to them.

Nnunnari
08-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Not to mention they do not take credit cards. So if a problem does arise kiss your money goodbye.

This company will vary rarely pull anything that is proven to be forged or not authentic. You could provide a mountain of evidence. I have given up trying to help them out. Some companies just do not care. Those companies....the law usually catches up to them.

Have to disagree here, SCP has pulled many items which have been questioned in the past. They're as good of an auction house as you will find.

Phil316
08-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Have to disagree here, SCP has pulled many items which have been questioned in the past. They're as good of an auction house as you will find.

Great you have had good relations. Mine has been less than stellar.