PDA

View Full Version : David Eckstein 2001-2002

BMH
07-23-2015, 06:14 PM
As you all know Wilson purchased Louisville Slugger from Hillerich & Bradsby Company. When that happened I thought it best to quit posting until I got something formal from the new owners of LS about me giving out order information. Well, it seems someone on the board emailed the company about David Eckstein orders from 2000-2002, the new customer service rep for LS didn't know I answered such questions and didn't know how to handle the question so he kicked the email over to the legal department. The legal department informed the CSR not to give out the information because it could cause LS legal issues in the future. With that the gentlemen who emailed LS wrote this wonderful gem.

Did you see the attachment I sent you? The attachment is information that is on the GameUsed Universe website. Public information for anyone to see. Along with many other players shipping records, is on that website. If your legal department is worried about litigation, then Brian Hillerich is in a heap of trouble, because he is the one posting that information on a public forum website called GameUsed Universe. If the legal department truly does not want to share shipping records information, then I will notify GameUsed Universe and have them remove that section on there website. Let me know. Thanks

Thank you for making my day so much more exciting with looking forward to the meetings I have tomorrow about this subject.

Game Used Bats
07-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Unreal

yanks12025
07-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Wow! That member whoever emailed that to the legal department is horrible.

brianborsch
07-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Omg, that member should be banned. Why would someone send that 2nd email? Brian, I'm sorry you have to go through this after all you've done to help the hobby. I hope it's not too bad for you to deal with. What a headache. :(

bgold
07-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Wow, that is some serious you know what. What an ahole!

And who is this guy anyways? "I will notify guu to delete all the info", what a prick..

yanks12025
07-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Also if you search David eckstein on here, you can find out who the member probably was.

gorilla777
07-23-2015, 07:40 PM
That took about five seconds in search to figure it out...what a douche move.

seanbaseball
07-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Idiot. Just simply dumb.

soxbats
07-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Hey BMH, when you have that meeting pass this message along to your supervisors for those on this forum that have some decency and class.

What you have done over the last several years has demonstrated the kind of care and concern for customers that is lost on many, but frankly was an overriding charistic of the company started by your family so long ago. A personal connection. The kind of company that let Ted Williams climb through its billets. When you started posting I was frankly blown away, but then what should we expect from a company and family that is part of the history of the game.

Yes, we are talking about collecting bats in the aftermarket and not direct sales, there won't be a line on the spreadsheet showing the value of your posts, but name and history are a large part of the real value of the company Wilson bought. Your willingness to talk to collectors has kept alive that brand and history which translates into sales. When people think of baseball bats they think of those held by Ruth, Williams, Mantle . . . they think of H&B. I have collected bats for 25 years and have had the privilege of sharing that collection with my sons. My first bat was a Yaz H&B store model at the age of 7 (way too big) and my oldest son's was a LVS pro stock lite. Both are sitting in my collection with a Yaz gamer and many others. We could have bought a dozen different bat brands, we bought a LVS because of this history.

Absent the history, LVS becomes another bat company. We all know that much of the mystery behind the models and sizes has been released into the public. Now a players simply can hand a bat to a company and have it duplicated. I hope that the new management will understand the wonderful connection you have built with the large collecting community through your posts and will allow you to continue to do so. It would be a tremendous loss to this community, and the history of bat manufacturing, if you were silenced.

In any event, please accept our sincerest thanks for all the time and patience you have shown in response to the many questions posted here. . . . And don't resist the temptation to delete the Eckstein file.

Soxbats

STLHAMMER32
07-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Truly sickening......figured I'd save everyone the trouble of the eckstein search

Phil316
07-23-2015, 10:32 PM
Wow

kudu
07-23-2015, 10:59 PM
Brian,

I want to first sincerely apologize for the way I went about obtaining the Eckstein shipping records. I did not know that obtaining the shipping records of bats would cause any issues, since there was a section here on GUU dedicated to shipping records. I initially contacted customer service at Louisville Slugger to find out about getting the shipping records. They informed me that shipping records information is not available to the public. I replied by asking if I should ask for that information on GUU website, because I knew there was a section on here dedicated to that. They replied that I could do that and something should come up. So I replied to a post in the “Ask About Shipping Records” section that pertained to David Eckstein. A few days past, and no response to the post in the thread. I contacted customer service again and asked if there is someone there I can contact to get the information. They gave me an email address for a guy named Aaron. I emailed Aaron and got an auto email reply that he no longer works for LS and to contact a guy named Kevin. So I emailed Kevin with regards to getting the shipping records. He replied and said all inquiries regarding authenticating bats should be made to Hunt Auctions. I replied to Kevin that I was not authenticating a bat, and that shipping records information has been obtained before here on GUU. And if obtaining shipping records information is no longer available, I would contact GUU to let them know about it. He then replied and said he knew nothing about GUU and that it was not associated with the company. I was under the impression that LS knew about GUU, since there was an entire section dedicated to shipping records. He also added that the legal department did not want to be involved in litigation if they said a player used a certain type of bat with certain specs and then the bat was sold and later not authenticated for some reason. That is when I emailed Kevin the email that Brian posted above, because I thought Kevin was jerking me around about getting information that I thought was available to anyone that requested it, and that is why I brought your name up.

I once again, sincerely apologize to Brian and everyone on this website. You truly have been and are an asset to the bat collecting community. I truly feel really bad about all of this and if the GUU moderators want to ban me from here, I completely understand.

Kurt

godwulf
07-23-2015, 11:23 PM
Anything I've thought about posting about the individual responsible for this goat-f*** in the last few minutes would probably get me in trouble, so I'll just internalize all of that and move on.

Brian, I feel godawful. I'm confident that things will work out, and if there's anything any member of this board (or all of us collectively) can do to assist you in any way, you KNOW that you have only to ask.

If I were a certain member, I would not wait to be banned - I would just leave.