PDA

View Full Version : Regular Season v All Star v College Jersey etc.

cjackson35
07-16-2015, 06:25 AM
Curious as to everyone's thoughts regarding various jerseys of a player that can be bought. Everything from a college jersey to their pro jersey and then one-off's like a Pro Bowl/All Star Game, practice jersey, etc.

Seems prices for regular season or playoff jerseys always go for more than single game jerseys like Pro Bowls/ASG's. I always found that curious because there are far more regular season jerseys so you would think the limited nature of Pro Bowl/ASG jerseys would increase the value. Same with college especially if that player was a known entity in college.

Anyway, would love people's take on collecting various levels of jerseys and favorite pieces of their collection that fit above criteria.

aallanson
07-16-2015, 10:34 AM
I asked the same question of a couple of long time collectors of college football game worn jerseys, and had it explained to me like this: a lot of college jersey collectors are team collectors first and player collectors second. So they much rather a game worn jersey of a lesser known player that was worn while playing for the team rather than a game worn jersey of a star player worn in the shrine game or the senior bowl or something like that. I have been collecting some Notre Dame game worn jerseys and I have noticed a premium being paid for single game use game used jerseys such as the green shamrock series jerseys and the bowl game jerseys. However, in 2010 notre dame went to the sun bowl and prepared regular season used away jerseys for use in the bowl game (nameplate and patch were sewn on for the bowl game). To me those are awesome because they were used for half of the season's away games plus the bowl game.

helf35
07-16-2015, 07:15 PM
From what I have seen the MLB home run derby jerseys always loose value with exemption of maybe a few players. I'm sure the actual derby participants would hold value as well. I have seen a lot hit ebay over the past few years and it looks like they sell for no where near the original price.