PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Gonzalez MLB Debut Helmet

sek122482
07-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Hey everyone, I just got this 2008 Carlos Gonzalez game used Oakland Athletics helmet from a friend. After doing some research on it I think it might be the helmet Cargo used in his major league debut. Looking through images it appears that the A's wore these all green helmets on May 30th, his debut, first hit and first RBI, then again on May 31st and June 1. My question is, since I do not think I would be able to photomatch it to the debut since I only found 1 picture and it is really small, is it likely that he used multiple of these alternate helmets throughout the year? The A's didnt seem to wear these all green helmets that often. Any help anyone might be able to provide with photos or idea on how I might be able to find out would be much appreciated.

The first action photo is from the debut game and the second one is from later in June from his 3rd career homerun.

Also, what does this potentially do to the value of the helmet? Thanks!

Scott
sek122482@yahoo.com

dnrapp
07-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Hey everyone, I just got this 2008 Carlos Gonzalez game used Oakland Athletics helmet from a friend. After doing some research on it I think it might be the helmet Cargo used in his major league debut. Looking through images it appears that the A's wore these all green helmets on May 30th, his debut, first hit and first RBI, then again on May 31st and June 1. My question is, since I do not think I would be able to photomatch it to the debut since I only found 1 picture and it is really small, is it likely that he used multiple of these alternate helmets throughout the year? The A's didnt seem to wear these all green helmets that often. Any help anyone might be able to provide with photos or idea on how I might be able to find out would be much appreciated.

The first action photo is from the debut game and the second one is from later in June from his 3rd career homerun.

Also, what does this potentially do to the value of the helmet? Thanks!

Scott
sek122482@yahoo.com

the A's wore the all green helmet on the road for many years around 2008.