PDA

View Full Version : Discover Anything about a Player by Collecting Game Used ?

Swoboda4
07-13-2015, 02:49 PM
I just collected a bunch of Gary Sheffield game used bats (from late in his career) and I realized he didn't sand down the handle of his bats. They're like war clubs. Also, a Louisville Slugger (C324) of Jack Clark's last year in Boston reveal a "whiffle ball" thin bat I'm guessing for bat speed. This information would not have come to me unless I handled these items.
Has anyone else found out interesting things about a player from collecting game used items?

Swoboda4
07-13-2015, 03:14 PM
Crazy, Funny answers welcome.

Sioux4Ever
07-13-2015, 04:23 PM
i collect Chris Herrmann of the Minnesota Twins, and while mine isn't specific to him on the field, it's about Chris off the field. I found out he is a great artist!!! He loves drawing, painting, really anything related to art!!! He's actually good enough to make art his career!!!

yankees506
07-13-2015, 04:30 PM
I realized that prior to the 2010 season Robinson Cano must have been hurting for money because he would use everyones bat. Arod, molina, cervelli, sheffiled, jd drew, manny ramirez, pudge. This man used bats from all these players listed plus many more! Luckily for his collectors he has, in my research only used his bats for the past 5 years. Though I wouldnt be surprised to find a kyle seager cano used bat out there. :D

helf35
07-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Just about everyone on the 2014 White Sox used an Adam Dunn bat. Especially Tyler Flowers and Jose Abreu. Abreu used them a lot from June to the end of the year. So far I have seen MLB authenticated Konerko, Garcia, Flowers and Abreu.