PDA

View Full Version : Ever see this before?

godwulf
07-12-2015, 11:45 AM
I went to see my connection for bats from ST, the Arizona League, AZ Fall League, etc. yesterday, and there was one nice Tucci Lumber bat that was in with this lot of Diamondbacks stuff - but I couldn't place the name: Mathias Hererra. I did an Internet search and couldn't find anyone by that name on any roster, anywhere.

The DBacks have a Jose Hererra on the Arizona League roster, in fact I talk to him all the time, and a couple of other Hererras in the organization, but no Mathias. So I passed on that bat and asked my guy to hold onto it for me till I did some research. Last night at the AZ League game, I asked Jose if he knew a ballplayer named Mathias Hererra, and he said No. I mentioned that it was a brown Tucci bat, and he said, "That was mine!", then indicated his little boy, who happened to be at the game - not sure of the age...old enough to run around and make strange noises but not to talk yet - and said that he'd had his son's name put on some of his bats.

I've seen players put their kids' names on the bat in addition to their own, but never instead of. At least I don't think I have - I have come across other bats with player names that I couldn't find on any roster. Not a very common thing to do, but now I know it does happen, so it's something to file away as a possibility.

Phil316
07-12-2015, 11:49 AM
I have seen it done on players gloves before.

Oriolesfan29
07-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Jose Altuve put his mother's name on some of his Tucci Lumber bats last year.

Texstros
05-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Jose Altuve put his mother's name on some of his Tucci Lumber bats last year.

Yep he had 2 made. I own them both 👍

memorabiliaunlimited
05-31-2016, 07:49 AM
josh harrison put his daughter's name (mia jade) on a number of bats a few years ago, and i know kolten wong put his mother's name (karen wong) on some of his bats last year.

tbone90
05-31-2016, 11:17 AM
Troy Tulowitzki puts his sons name, Taz, on many of his bats.