PDA

View Full Version : The New England Patriots game used thread

MichaelofSF
07-10-2015, 01:30 AM
So I have started a few other focus threads and I think they have been a great resource for learning and spreading knowledge, but also to network with fellow like minded collectors.

This one is for the New England Patriots. I would hope that this thread is used for Patriots collectors to share pickups, spread knowledge and learn from others. We no longer have Jeff C around (Mulligans), but I know there are other Pats collectors out there that have some really great items in their collections (Steve B, Eric A, Tobey H, Nick C, Chris J, etc).

I'll start the thread off with a recent pickup of mine...

1995 Curtis Martin rookie game used helmet (Tim Brown LOA)
I was recently able to pick up this Curtis Martin helmet from the Tim Brown collection. The helmet was not marketed with a year of use. Before purchasing it I figured it was from a year that Martin and Brown both went to the Pro Bowl, where they would likely exchange equipment. Martin's 1996 season is in the Pro Football HOF so I knew it wasn't likely from 1996. 1997 wasn't a good year for Martin, so I figured I would start by researching 1995, Martin's ROY season. There were a few things about the helmet that were pretty easy to match up. Around the first Jets game that year in the Meadowlands, Martin had a big gash/indent on his left side of the helmet that extended from the bottom rear of the flying elvis logo. This gash is present through the end of the season through the Pro Bowl that year. Over the course of the season the chin strap and mouthguard that Martin wore changed, but the current chin strap is easily verified by photographs from the later part of the season (definitely at Pitt). The chinstrap that is on the helmet currently has wearing away of the "id" in "Riddell" on Martin's right side and a diagonal wearing away on Martin's left side of the "Ri" from "Riddell." Lastly there are two hit marks/indents on the right side of the helmet that are still seen on the helmet but show up well in the Buffalo road game.

Martin has signed the helmet to Tim Brown, but the signature is a bit faded and I may completely remove the inscription to Brown one day. The facemask clips are all from 1995 except one from 1994. The mouthguard string is still attached to the helmet, but thte guard itself is not intact. The screws to hold the facemask in place changed during the season from a darker color to a more silver color as well in different locations. As Martin received damage to the flying elvis decals they were replaced.

I look forward to seeing the pickups, meeting some Pats collectors and learning from you all

MichaelofSF
07-10-2015, 02:00 AM
Dave Meggett 1996 season/1997 Pro Bowl game used AFC practice jersey (personally obtained)

This is my very first game used football piece. I was in high school and when Meggett (my favorite player growing up) was selected to the Pro Bowl, my parents were nice enough to take me to Honolulu to see the game. This was pre Stubhub so you had to get tickets through brokers.

Anyway, the day before the game at Aloha Stadium, after the AFC practice ended, Dave Meggett came straight over to the only guy who was wearing a Dave Meggett jersey (me) and also holding up one for him to sign. Curtis Martin was also heading over to sign autographs at the time, but I held my position for Meggett instead of going over to Curtis. Meggett called for my jersey to sign and signed it. Then he took of his practice jersey and threw it to me. It was the coolest thing for me at the time (Mean Joe Greene moment). Dave had/has his problems with treating women, but I will never forget his act for a fan. It's also probably a reason why I collect game used stuff.

MichaelofSF
07-10-2015, 02:24 AM
Randy Moss 2009 game used international jersey (PSA/DNA NFL Auctions)
I can't remember a more exciting wide receive in my lifetime than Randy Moss. 2007 was such an amazing season to watch, I'm still looking for a legit 2007 Moss home jersey. Anyway, this is a 2009 game used jersey from the game against the Bucs at Wembley Stadium. The jersey is unwashed and still has some original Wembley grass and mud stains present. 2009 was the 50th anniversary of the AFL so the patch is present on the left chest. The International Series patch is present on the right chest. In this game Moss had 5 receptions for 69 yards in a Patriots 35-7 win. Moss led the league in TDs in 2009 despite playing with a hurt shoulder for most of the season. He ended up with 83 rec for 1264 yards and 13 TDs.

This jersey is 1/2 Randy Moss Patriots jerseys that were auctioned off through NFL auctions. There is a 2009 Randy Moss preseason jersey that has a JO Sports letter out there somewhere (I don't know if it is good or not). There is also a Randy Moss away jersey from 2008 that Grey Flannel auctioned off that I believe to be good. There was a 2007 Randy Moss home jersey that the Highland Mint had marketed. I held that jersey in my hands and inspected it and can tell you that it was not worn by Randy Moss in an NFL game. At some point later, on I saw it appear in a Vintage Authentics auction and then later in a Mears auction with an A5 letter.

MichaelofSF
07-10-2015, 02:37 AM
Here is the other Randy Moss Patriots game used jersey from NFL auctions...

Randy Moss 2009 game used AFL Throwback jersey (NFL Auctions PSA/DNA)
In 2009 the Patriots wore throwbacks to celebrate the AFL anniversary. They wore the red throwbacks on opening MNF against the Bills, the White ones against the Broncos, and the red ones at home against the Titans and on the road against the Dolphins. The white set of throwbacks were collected after the Dolphins game in December (worn in October) and were washed when the NFL had collected them.

During Moss time with the Patriots he wore size 46 as far as I know and had a customized elastic hem in his waist along with cuffed sleeves. When Moss wore this jersey he recorded his only career interception where he "Mossed" Jabar Gaffney. He also hurt his shoulder on a 36 yard reception play that he dealt with for the remainder of the season.

sjsinohio
07-10-2015, 07:30 PM
It's a Boston patriots helmet worn in I961-1969 Boston patriots helmet worn by Houston Antwine #65. Here are some pictures. Thoughts? Also open for offers if anyone is interested. Thanks

MichaelofSF
07-13-2015, 12:50 AM
Thanks for sharing the helmet

Wes Welker 2011 game used jersey with MHK patch (NFL auctions PSA/DNA)

Welker wore this jersey for the following stretch in 2011

Week 1 @Miami 8 rec 160 yards 2 TD, NFL record 99 yard TD
Week 3 @Buffalo Patriots record 16 rec 217 yards, 2 TD, 1 rush for 19 yards
Week 4 @Oakland 9 rec 158 yards 1 TD
Week 6 Dallas 6 rec 45 yards 1 TD, 3 punt returns 27 yards and 1 assist

The totals for Welker in this jersey are 39 receptions for 580 yards 6 TDs, 1 carry for 19 yards, 3 returns for 27 yards. In 2011 Welker was a first team all pro and led the league in receptions.

NEFAN
07-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Want to upload pictures but can't figure out how to do it anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

jdbry1
07-14-2015, 10:24 PM
I rarely post on the forum but I feel like this jersey needs to be on this thread. Here is my 2007 Randy Moss Home jersey worn during the Steelers, Jets, and Dolphins games in his record-setting season. He caught 4 TDs in this jersey. The jersey has a repair on the right sleeve which I have photomatched. Great wear on the front and back numbers which has also been photomatched. Jersey was obtained from a source close to the team. One of the greatest Pats jerseys that I have ever seen.

jdbry1
07-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Here is the Moss match.

jdbry1
07-14-2015, 10:35 PM
For some reason having issues getting matches to attach.

MichaelofSF
07-14-2015, 11:54 PM
Sweet Moss, jersey Josh, thanks for sharing

UGA-1
07-16-2015, 09:38 PM
This jersey pales in comparison to a 2007 Moss but I love it due to his days as a Georgia Bulldog. My Set 1 1998 Robert Edwards. It was worn most of that season and in his only playoff game vs Jacksonville. Major use with 18 repairs. Don't get jerseys like this anymore since the NFL started setting up their game used vending machines. :D

MichaelofSF
07-17-2015, 12:33 AM
really really nice Edwards. I love the repairs and use! Great match too.

A word about Starter era Patriots jerseys (1995-1998)
Apex One was the supplier of Patriots jerseys right before Starter began producing them. In fact, the Patriots were still using 1994 Apex One jerseys in the preseason on 1995 (against the Lions, Vikings, Eagles and Raiders). In the season opener against the Browns the Pats broke out the new starter jerseys.

During this era if purchasing game used jerseys, I would highly recommend making sure that you have a photo match or if your photo resolution isn't high enough, a style match. I say this because I have seen MANY "game used" Patriots jerseys from this era that are absolutely not game used. Most of these jerseys have the Custom Crafted stamp on the inside of the jersey. In fact some of these jerseys even have repairs on them. But I can assure you that some of them that I have seen are not game worn. I know this from spending hours looking at photos and game film from games.

The Starter era Patriots jerseys have a few things that make them more identifiable in pictures/video.

First off, these jerseys have vertical stripes of alternating colors. The amount of stripes, where the stripes intersect the numbers, and where they intersect the chest Patriots script logo all should match up to photos (1st attachment). The front and back stripes should match up with whatever jersey you are comparing to.

The second thing to look at is the angulation and placement of the flying elvis shoulder logos. In the home jersey you can see the same position of the flying elvis logo (second attachment). At this stage, this is where it becomes more obvious when jerseys listed as "game used" are in fact not really game used. There are generally two locations where the chin on the flying elvis logo is located. One is with the chin hugged against the shoulder seam in the corner. The other is with the chin placed at the inner seam of the under arm gusset. I have seen alot of 1997 jerseys with this problem. The white away jersey shows non matching flying elvis locations (third attachment).

The third thing to look at is the position of the Starter logos on the shoulders. This position seemed to change frequently.

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect on this: The 1995-1997 jerseys tend to have the Custom Crafted stamp on the inside (attachments 4 and 5). The more used the jersey, typically the harder it is to read the stamp. in 1998 like seen on the Edwards jersey, there is a custom crafted neck tag.

Also, once again someone please correct me if I am incorrect, but the 1995 Starter labels are white ans say designed and tailored for the NFL (attachment 6). The 1996 Label says designed and tailored exclusively for the New England Patriots (attachment 7). The 1997 label is the pro line starter label (attachment 8). And the 1998 label is similar to the 1997 label but has an authentic added on the bottom of it and a blue border (not pictured).

I do not know where all of the Patriots "game used" jerseys that I cannot match to any photos came from that have repairs on them came from. I do own a 1997 Dave Meggett away jersey that is definitely not game used.

NEFAN
07-17-2015, 08:47 AM
Can anybody tell me how to post a picture on GUU?

NEFAN
07-18-2015, 06:42 AM
1984 Andre Tippett Helmet

NEFAN
07-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to have them that big

tom1315
07-19-2015, 07:53 AM
Some very fine New England gamers here! Thanks to each member for sharing and posting the knowledge re older jerseys!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

jeffaary
07-22-2015, 12:23 PM
A word about Starter era Patriots jerseys (1995-1998) During this era if purchasing game used jerseys, I would highly recommend making sure that you have a photo match or if your photo resolution isn't high enough, a style match. I say this because I have seen MANY "game used" Patriots jerseys from this era that are absolutely not game used. Most of these jerseys have the Custom Crafted stamp on the inside of the jersey. In fact some of these jerseys even have repairs on them. But I can assure you that some of them that I have seen are not game worn. I know this from spending hours looking at photos and game film from games.

Michael:

This is great info, but as I've learned in the last few years there are no absolutes with this era of Patriots jerseys. Specifically regarding the Custom Crafted stamp, not all Patriots jerseys got them. When the Patriots Pro Shop started selling jerseys on their website a couple of years ago I ordered what was listed as a 1997 Keith Byars home jersey. I already had a home 1996 Terry Glenn and a 1997 road Byars, each of which had Custom Crafted stamps, as did every other Pats jersey from that era that I had seen. When the jersey arrived it did not have the CC stamp. My first thought was it was a fake, but the jersey had a TON of marks/burns/damage/repairs and it came straight from the Patriots. I went to the internet to see if I could photo match it. It took all of 2 seconds to identify it as the jersey Byars wore in the 1996-97 AFC divisional playoff and Championship games against Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. When I was in Boston last year I met with Jim Scollins from the Pro Shop and told him this. He told me that during that time frame the Pats actually used three different shops to do the names/numbers/logos, not just Custom Crafted.

MichaelofSF
07-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Michael:

This is great info, but as I've learned in the last few years there are no absolutes with this era of Patriots jerseys. Specifically regarding the Custom Crafted stamp, not all Patriots jerseys got them. When the Patriots Pro Shop started selling jerseys on their website a couple of years ago I ordered what was listed as a 1997 Keith Byars home jersey. I already had a home 1996 Terry Glenn and a 1997 road Byars, each of which had Custom Crafted stamps, as did every other Pats jersey from that era that I had seen. When the jersey arrived it did not have the CC stamp. My first thought was it was a fake, but the jersey had a TON of marks/burns/damage/repairs and it came straight from the Patriots. I went to the internet to see if I could photo match it. It took all of 2 seconds to identify it as the jersey Byars wore in the 1996-97 AFC divisional playoff and Championship games against Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. When I was in Boston last year I met with Jim Scollins from the Pro Shop and told him this. He told me that during that time frame the Pats actually used three different shops to do the names/numbers/logos, not just Custom Crafted.

Thanks for the great info, good to know! I'm glad we have a place to share and organize Patriots Game Used knowledge. Please share pics of the jerseys when you have time to.

1994 season - 1995 (preseason) Willie McGinest game used jersey (Patriots COA)
As I had mentioned earlier, the Patriots wore Apex One in the preseason of 1995 before switching to Starter in the opener. This McGinest jersey was worn during his rookie year of 1994. The 75th patch has been removed. In the preseason of 1995 the 1994 style is pictured without the 75th patch (last picture). Multiple repairs are present on this jersey.

MichaelofSF
07-22-2015, 10:56 PM
Richard Seymour 2005 game used alternate jersey (Patriots COA)
This Seymour jersey comes direct from the Patriots. The COA says issued, but clear signs of use exist (paint transfer on shoulder numbers, fabric snags). This jersey was worn against the Chargers. Seymour was a 1st team All Pro in 2005 as well as a Pro Bowler. There are velcro attachments on both the front and back tail.

MichaelofSF
07-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Lawyer Milloy 1998 game used jersey (Patriots COA)
1998 was a Pro Bowl year for Lawyer Milloy. This jersey is an away jersey with many repairs. 1998 was the last year of Starter making Patriots jerseys as previously stated. There is no front tail tag on this jersey. There is a custom crafted neck tag present but no inside stamp. I would love to add a matching Ty Law jersey but haven't seen a good one out there yet.

MichaelofSF
07-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Lawyer Milloy 1996 game used jersey (Patriots COA)
Here is a rookie home jersey of Lawyer Milloy. A few team repairs are present as well as hit/scuff marks. The 1996 style front tag is present on the jersey. On the interior is a custom crafted team stamp. On the right side flying elvis shoulder logo there is a large scuff that can be seen in the photo below as well as a larg repair within the front 3. The Pats won the East in 1996 and made it to the Super Bowl before losing to the Packers.

jeffaary
07-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Michael:

Here are some more examples of there being no absolutes with Starter era Pats jerseys:

1) My blue Byars divisional playoff and AFC Championship jersey, in addition to not having a Custom Crafted stamp, has no tag and no evidence of one ever having been there. It has Starter logos on the sleeves, but no tag inside or out. It may not even be a Starter jersey for all I know, it may just have the Starter logos.

2) I also own Byars' white 1996-97 Super Bowl jersey he wore 2 weeks later. It also has no Custom Crafted Stamp. It does have a tag, but it is what you have documented as a 1995 tag. My 1996 Terry Glenn regular season jersey has a Custom Crafted stamp and a tag that matches what you documented as a 1996 tag. I also own Byars and Glenn 1997 jerseys that both have Custom Crafted stamps and what you documented as 1997 tags.

It looks to me like when the Pats made the 1996 playoffs they decided to quickly put together new home and away jerseys made out of leftovers.

This also ties into your comment about the location of the Starter sleeve logos. Through the 1996-97 AFC Championship game the logos were below the sleeve numbers (here's Byars in the AFC Championship game):
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=91834&stc=1&d=1430423102

...except for linemen who had the sleeves customized to tuck under the shoulder pads, in which case the logos were next to the numbers:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/WILLIAM-ROBERTS-NEW-ENGLAND-PATRIOTS-AUTOGRAPHED-SIGNED-8X10-PHOTO-W-COA-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjc0/$(KGrHqZ,!kwE-nNShph)BPvFhYGtIg~~60_35.JPG

For the Super Bowl the logos were moved above the numbers:
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/02/10/71/560765/3/628x471.jpg

And I literally mean moved. You can clearly see remants on my Byars Super Bowl jersey where the logos were before they moved them up. The following season the logos remained above the numbers.

MichaelofSF
07-23-2015, 12:18 AM
some more home jerseys...
1997 Dave Meggett game used jersey (PSA/DNA)
This home jersey was worn the entire season when the Patriots wore their blue jerseys. The sleeves on this jersey have been custom shortened. 1997 style Starter tag is present on the front of the jersey. Inside there is a team stamp. A few team repairs are present. Some remnant paint transfers are present on teh jersey.

In this jersey Meggett threw a Touchdown Pass to Troy Brown and caught a Touchdown against the Steelers. This jersey was last worn against the Dolphins in a playoff win.

PatriotsProShop
08-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Michael:

I completely agree. Don Brocher (long time equipment manager) was a great resource to us before he passed away. He explained that it wasn't uncommon for them to use different shops for jerseys during the course of a season. The years stamped or tagged on a jersey don't always mean exactly what they read either. The equipment guys didn't care if the jersey was tagged a previous year as long as it was the cut, size style and manufacturer they needed. Players have even change their cut, size, sleeve, etc mid season for weather,comfort or whatever. Back up jerseys were sometimes use for a single game if they were behind on repairs. All that and more can lead to some elements of a jersey not lining up they way you might expect them to.

Jim

PatriotsProShop
08-13-2015, 02:03 PM
Lawyer Milloy 1998 game used jersey (Patriots COA)
1998 was a Pro Bowl year for Lawyer Milloy. This jersey is an away jersey with many repairs. 1998 was the last year of Starter making Patriots jerseys as previously stated. There is no front tail tag on this jersey. There is a custom crafted neck tag present but no inside stamp. I would love to add a matching Ty Law jersey but haven't seen a good one out there yet.

Michael, we will try and get a Ty Law jersey available this season - Thanks for starting this thread, awesome stuff!

Jim

MichaelofSF
08-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Michael:

Here are some more examples of there being no absolutes with Starter era Pats jerseys:

And I literally mean moved. You can clearly see remants on my Byars Super Bowl jersey where the logos were before they moved them up. The following season the logos remained above the numbers.
Great info Jeff.

Jim, that sounds great, would love the chance at a Law jersey (1998 home would be awesome, if not that a 2001/03 home would be next on the wish list). Speaking of Ty Law...

Ty Law 1997 game used helmet
This helmet was worn by Ty Law from the preseason all the way through the playoffs. The Flying Elvis logos were not changed on this helmet throughout the season as the same ones can be seen from preseason until the end of the season. The rear decal that covers up the "Riddell" decal has been removed. In the playoffs the Patriots switched from the blue "PATRIOTS" rear decal to a "Riddell" decal with the Patriots logo to the left of it and a playoff logo to the right of it (this can be seen in the last photo). The chinstrap is screwed to the helmet on the upper attachments and shows season long wear. During most of the season Law has the lower right chin strap attached with the lower left strap hanging loose. The 1997 Patriots season was the first under Pete Carroll and ended with a playoff loss in Pittsburgh.

A special thanks to Larry P. who was kind enough to allow me to add this to my collection. Larry was a real pleasure to deal with and is a great asset to our community.

MichaelofSF
08-14-2015, 01:23 PM
A special thanks to Larry Pelliccioni who was kind enough to allow me to add this to my collection. Larry was a real pleasure to deal with and is a great asset to our community.

I typically don't write out last names on my posts to help maintain some google search level of privacy, but since Larry has no problem with it, I wanted to include it in there. A big thank you Larry Pelliccioni!

swainer
08-14-2015, 01:34 PM
I typically don't write out last names on my posts to help maintain some google search level of privacy, but since Larry has no problem with it, I wanted to include it in there. A big thank you Larry Pelliccioni!

Larry is the best! Truly a pleasure to conduct a transaction with!

MichaelofSF
08-28-2015, 03:21 AM
Terry Glenn 1997 home jersey (Patriots COA)
He started off his career with Parcells famously referring to him as a "she." Terry Glenn was one of the more talented Patriots Receivers that I've watched play and had a great rookie year in 1996. This is a 1997 Glenn jersey straight from the Patriots. As was typical of his time in New England, Glenn missed several games in 1997 due to injury. This home jersey shows definite laundering, no team repairs are present. Cuffed sleeves are present. In 1997 Glenn wore the home style jersey for games against the Chargers, Bears, Bills, Packers and last in the playoffs against the Dolphins.

MichaelofSF
08-28-2015, 04:09 AM
Tom Brady 2005-06 game worn uniform (Last worn in playoff win, Brady goes to 10-0)
Photographed here is a historical Tom Brady home uniform (Jersey, Pants, socks). The uniform is unwashed and was last worn in the 2005-06 playoffs in a home win over the Jaguars on January 7, 2006. In this game Brady would bring his playoff record to a then record 10-0. The Patriots would lose their next game on the road in Denver. One of the unique aspects of this uniform is that it is from a home playoff win, and at the time Gillette Stadium still had grass (switched to field turf in 2006) which allowed this jersey to get dirtied up more. Two other home playoff jerseys of Brady's that exist and were last worn in wins are his SB 36 and 38 jerseys which are both in the HOF (2006-07 Brady also won a playoff game at home before losing on the road). In 2005 Brady was a Pro Bowler and led the league in Passing, with 4110 yards, for the first time in his career. Sports Illustrated named Brady 2005 Sportsman of the Year as well.

The 2005 Patriots started off the season with a home opener against the Raiders. In this game they wore a SB champs patch, this jersey was not worn in the opener. After the opener, I believe this jersey may have been worn for the rest of the season. On the right and left sleeve flying elvis logos, there are creases present that can be seen starting in week 2 on the road (@carolina) until the playoff game against Jacksonville.

As is customary on current Brady jerseys, there is a hemmed waist. An elastic band is present in the waist. Open sleeves are present as well. A few team repairs are present on the jersey (one on the front left shoulder near the TV numbers and a few on the back).

The pants have a few team repairs present as well. The back of the left pant leg has a cut on it which is present in various photos.

Gopack1782
08-28-2015, 11:20 AM
"MichaelofSF" - Incredible Tom Brady Game Used Uniform!! Gotta be one of the best out there! I must ask, what size/type of football pads are you using to display your jerseys on? Would you say that these pads are better for the older style jerseys that were more loose then the newer fitted jerseys players wear today?

Vin

helmets
08-28-2015, 04:37 PM
1995-1997 Ben Coates

MichaelofSF
08-30-2015, 12:51 PM
"MichaelofSF" - Incredible Tom Brady Game Used Uniform!! Gotta be one of the best out there! I must ask, what size/type of football pads are you using to display your jerseys on? Would you say that these pads are better for the older style jerseys that were more loose then the newer fitted jerseys players wear today?

Vin

Vin, you can see pics of my set up here (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=357599&postcount=576). I do prefer the Youth XXL. I use them for older and newer jerseys. Perhaps if I had some older LB jerseys or something like that I would move to something bigger.

1995-1997 Ben Coates

Helmets, very awesome Ben Coates helmet, love the match on that! Here (http://www.paragonauctionsite.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=293) was a Coates SB helmet, I have no idea who owns it.

Deion Branch 2012 game used helmet (NFL Auctions PSA/DNA/Hunt Auctions)
Branch was originally drafted by the Patriots in 2002 and won two Super Bowls (SB 39 MVP) before being traded to Seattle before the 2006 season. He returned via trade during the 2010 season and last played in 2012. In his first stint with the Pats Branch wore #83, on his return Welker was wearing #83 so Branch wore #84. This road game was last worn at Seattle as part of the BCA jerseys that were collected from the Pats in October. This jersey was also worn in week 2 at Buffalo. I have no idea if it was worn in the road game before that in Baltimore. The jersey remains unwashed with some dirt/paint on the jersey

RKO18
09-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Michael, your 2005 Brady uniform is an incredible set! Fantastic work on the photo-matching.

I don't think I've ever seen any of Brady's postseason gear outside of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I recently purchased a Super Bowl XLII game used football, autographed by Brady.

I've only seen two other examples of Super Bowl game used footballs autographed by Brady:

*Super Bowl XXXVI: via SCP Auctions (link (http://catalog.scpauctions.com/february-3,-2002-super-bowl-xxxvi-(new-england-pat-lot29855.aspx))
*Super Bowl XXXVIII: via SCP Auctions (link (http://catalog.scpauctions.com/lot-29856.aspx))

Despite the loss to the Giants, I feel that 2007-08 was Brady's greatest season. There was a lot of history in that game, so having one of the footballs used in it is very cool. Having it autographed by Brady is even cooler.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/gameworncollector/4_1.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/gameworncollector/3_1.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/gameworncollector/5_1.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/gameworncollector/6_1.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/gameworncollector/7_2.jpg

MichaelofSF
12-13-2015, 02:15 PM
David Givens 2005 game used home jersey SB champs patch (Patriots LOA)
Givens career with the Patriots lasted only 4 seasons, but when he left he was the Patriots leading postseason TD catcher (7 TDs). The Patriots opened the 2005 season at home against the Raiders and wore the SB XXXIX champions patch on their jerseys that night. The Patriots also wore their blue jerseys in the preseason against the Saints and Giants. I am not sure if this jersey was worn in those games or not but it was last worn in the opener. I think this may be the case as the jersey looks like it has been washed for more than just one game. An elastic band is present in the waist area. 05-48 tag in the neck area. Givens had 2 catches for 31 yards in that game.

sportsnbikes
12-13-2015, 02:47 PM
HOLY CRAP! I didn't know you had Patriots as well. Your trophy room must look amazing.

MichaelofSF
12-22-2015, 10:18 PM
someone else please feel free to post your Pats items....

Troy Brown circa 2003 game used cleats (Patriots LOA)
Fan favorite and Patriots Hall of Famer Troy Brown wore these cleats. These have been style matched to 2003 game photos. There are holes cut in both toe areas. The cleats have been autographed by Troy. Grass remains stuck to the bottom of the cleats. Brown's #80 is written on the back heel of each cleat.

paul457
12-24-2015, 11:09 AM
I'll play - my latest is a 2011 Vince Wilfork game used throwback jersey with the Myra Kraft patch.

This was an easy photo match with the jersey in-hand, this was worn against the Jets on October 9th. Glad I landed it - it's an awesome jersey from a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl season. This jersey has lots of loose threads, paint transfers, and scuffs, along with number puckering, and a team repair on the back.

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zpsblgkousn.jpeg

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zpsf6cynrp8.jpeg

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zps6dfgh08c.png

patsfan
12-31-2015, 12:30 AM
hello everyone ...i'm new here but have been admiring all the collections and drooling:) especially the museum pieces of Michaelofsf ... amazing collection ..my question is ....I have been collecting for about a year now but have been getting more team issued than actual game worn. I figure game issue are still more valuable than regular store bought and I cant afford the elite players gamers. i'm now at around 75 jerseys with about 25 being gamers and the rest actual team issues ....all patriots .... am I wasting my time and money on team issued? I just picked up a devon mccourty today ...team issued ... and after seeing all the awesome jerseys here I feel i'm going down the wrong road and should just concentrate on gamers ....any insight ?thanks ....steve

patsfan
12-31-2015, 12:45 AM
paul457 nice wilfork Looks like the one I bid on . Pro shop had it on a few weeks ago I don't know why they listed it as team issued as it clearly had paint transfer in the photos. I won an old mat bahr jersey that showed signs of wear but came as team issued. How much damage can you expect on a kickers jersey :)

paul457
12-31-2015, 08:03 AM
my question is ....I have been collecting for about a year now but have been getting more team issued than actual game worn.

.... am I wasting my time and money on team issued? I just picked up a devon mccourty today ...team issued ... and after seeing all the awesome jerseys here I feel i'm going down the wrong road and should just concentrate on gamers ....any insight ?thanks ....steve

It's all personal preference - I feel like team issued jerseys are a bargain in this hobby. They are player spec'd jerseys, made for game use, and they display just like a game used jersey... minus the filth. Plus they can be had for 1/2 - 1/10 of a GU jersey. I have a few as placeholders on my collection until I can get a perfect GU jersey of that player

Collect what you enjoy.

93cobra
12-31-2015, 10:30 AM
patsfan, I would like to hear more about your collection! i too collect more issueds than worn due to the price. do you have anything you consider selling?

patsfan
12-31-2015, 11:47 AM
cobra 93 thanks but at the moment still hoarding them all ....my current players are team issued matt slater , gostkoski. harmon ,mccourty,brandon bolden game used with his bca worn gloves and towel and my favorite gamer is larry izzo ......some of my gamers are Maroney , ridley,vincent brisby, james sanders,Merriweather,brandon Mitchell, some of my better known players team issue include ted Johnson , lawyer milloy . terry glenn ,germaine wiggins,chris slade ,david givens,ben Jarvis green ellis,donte Stallworth,ellis hobbs ken walter , matt bahr, scott zolac, Michael bishop, vince wilfork practice worn jersey , I can't rember them all but these are some of my collection

93cobra
12-31-2015, 12:22 PM
nice!! may i ask other than ebay and pro shop, where you have been able to find so many?

patsfan
12-31-2015, 01:33 PM
cobra ...everything from the pro shop auctions .... but I also have game worn cleats and bca balls from nfl auctions ..... how about your collection and where did you get yours? something tells me we all probably bid against each other at one time or another.... I know I have bid on big ticket items but end up getting blown out of the water by the likes of michaelofsf .... my pockets are no where as deep :) he has an amazing collection

93cobra
12-31-2015, 01:41 PM
cobra ...everything from the pro shop auctions .... but I also have game worn cleats and bca balls from nfl auctions ..... how about your collection and where did you get yours? something tells me we all probably bid against each other at one time or another.... I know I have bid on big ticket items but end up getting blown out of the water by the likes of michaelofsf .... my pockets are no where as deep :) he has an amazing collection

haha me neither, i really wanted the Harrison gamer they had listed a couple months ago, but it got too pricey for me really quick! I have been collecting for about 6 years or so, mostly from ebay/other collectors. only recently has the proshop been selling, so i keep an eye on those

MichaelofSF
12-31-2015, 09:07 PM
I'll play - my latest is a 2011 Vince Wilfork game used throwback jersey with the Myra Kraft patch.

This was an easy photo match with the jersey in-hand, this was worn against the Jets on October 9th. Glad I landed it - it's an awesome jersey from a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl season. This jersey has lots of loose threads, paint transfers, and scuffs, along with number puckering, and a team repair on the back.

Tobey, very nice Vince! I think I bid on it. I remember I was watching an NFL films Vince Wilfork segment and I could see a green paint transfer I think on the shoulder number match up to the auction photos so I knew it was used. That's a great pickup. A few years back Hunt Auctions had a Vince throwback jersey from 2009 but it was a size 44 in the description which I always thought was strange. Perhaps they just had a typo and it was the 54 that I would think Vince would wear.

http://huntauctions.com/live/img23/279.jpg

Keep the items coming, I know you have some Pats stuff.

hello everyone ...i'm new here but have been admiring all the collections and drooling:) especially the museum pieces of Michaelofsf ... amazing collection ..my question is ....I have been collecting for about a year now but have been getting more team issued than actual game worn. I figure game issue are still more valuable than regular store bought and I cant afford the elite players gamers. i'm now at around 75 jerseys with about 25 being gamers and the rest actual team issues ....all patriots .... am I wasting my time and money on team issued? I just picked up a devon mccourty today ...team issued ... and after seeing all the awesome jerseys here I feel i'm going down the wrong road and should just concentrate on gamers ....any insight ?thanks ....steve

my current players are team issued matt slater , gostkoski. harmon ,mccourty,brandon bolden game used with his bca worn gloves and towel and my favorite gamer is larry izzo ......some of my gamers are Maroney , ridley,vincent brisby, james sanders,Merriweather,brandon Mitchell, some of my better known players team issue include ted Johnson , lawyer milloy . terry glenn ,germaine wiggins,chris slade ,david givens,ben Jarvis green ellis,donte Stallworth,ellis hobbs ken walter , matt bahr, scott zolac, Michael bishop, vince wilfork practice worn jersey , I can't rember them all but these are some of my collection

Steve, welcome to the thread. I think we are in a much better position as Pats collectors now than before. Thanks to Jim Scollins and the Patriots for making stuff available to us directly from the team we don't have to worry as much about stuff being fake or not good. Also, I think they are more conservative on their descriptions now (used/issued) which is a good thing. It's better to underrepresent a piece than overstate it.

As far as collecting goes, do what Tobey said and just collect what you like. However, if your goal is to own certain gamers then sometimes just focusing on that and ignoring everything else can help. I've been collecting game used stuff for a few years and for my own self I've tried to become more disciplined and specific in what I want so that when those pieces (that I really want) do come along I can be in a position to pick those up. Anyway those were just thoughts that went through my own head for me, collect whatever makes you happy. You have quite the amount of jerseys, please share when you get a chance.

haha me neither, i really wanted the Harrison gamer they had listed a couple months ago, but it got too pricey for me really quick! I have been collecting for about 6 years or so, mostly from ebay/other collectors. only recently has the proshop been selling, so i keep an eye on those

Yeah that was a nice Harrison, but the bidding was higher than my range.

patsfan
12-31-2015, 10:45 PM
thanks for the welcome Michaelofsf .... I think i'll take take your advice and quit pulling the trigger on every jersey I think I want and if I pass on a few dozen I can probably land a high end gamer. As for jim scollins I have spoken to him on several occasions and he is a stand up guy and i'm glad he's doing what he's doing and letting collectors get them. I hate when I see a jersey sell only to see it back on ebay for twice what it sold for any way love your collection and good luck in the future and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all

MichaelofSF
01-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Wes Welker 2010 game used Thanksgiving Day cleats worn against Lions (Welker LOA)
For a period of time when Wes was with the Pats he would market and sell his game used gloves on his website (store.weswelker.com). To my knowledge he no longer did that after leaving New England. Most of these items would be inscribed by Wes with the game they were from and sometimes he would put his stats on them as well. This pair is a size 11 Nike Zoom Vapor Carbon Fly TDs. In the game that Welker wore these he had 8 receptions for 90 yards and 2 TDs. 2010 was Welker's first year back after tearing his ACL at the end of the 2009 season in Houston. Welker has sneaky good career totals and I believe is still the Patriots all time leader in receptions.

MichaelofSF
01-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Curtis Martin 1996 game used away jersey (Patriots LOA)
Boy Wonder followed up his rookie of the year campaign with a Pro Bowl 1996 season. He had a career high 17 (14 rush 3 rec) TDs in 1996. This away jersey is battered with repairs and has some stains on the jersey. Helmet paint transfers are left on the jersey. The Patriots did wear away jerseys in Super Bowl 31 but this is not from that game as for the jerseys for the Super Bowl had the Starter logos placed above the shoulder numbers instead of below. Not including the preseason, in 1996 the Patriots wore white jerseys @Buffalo, @Baltimore, @Indy, @NYJ, @SD, and @NYG

patsfan
01-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Hello michaelofsf .... I just checked a couple of my jerseys My chris canty and Vincent brisby are both stamped inside stating 95/96 season set 1 . both jerseys have the starter logo above the shoulder numbers. Both jerseys are the whites .....does this mean they may have been actual super bowl issued ? thanks for your time , steve

MichaelofSF
01-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Hello michaelofsf .... I just checked a couple of my jerseys My chris canty and Vincent brisby are both stamped inside stating 95/96 season set 1 . both jerseys have the starter logo above the shoulder numbers. Both jerseys are the whites .....does this mean they may have been actual super bowl issued ? thanks for your time , steve

Steve,
That's a good question. I don't know the exact answer as I didn't work for the Patriots, but this is the though process that I would go through. First I would see if it had the 1996 style label

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=93264&stc=1&d=1437110819

If it did then there is a good chance the jersey could be from 1996. In 1995, 1997 and 1998 most of the jerseys that I've seen from looking at photos have the Starter logos above the numbers. For whatever reason in 1996, they had them below for the most part.

Jeff (jeffaary) posted a great photo from the SB that showed the logos on the SB jerseys. They looks as though space wasn't originally there for them, so they are placed above or near the should seam.
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/02/10/71/560765/3/628x471.jpg
compared to say a 1998 jersey where there is plenty of spacing between the seam and the numbers so the logo can fit there.

http://www.patriots.com/sites/patriots.com/files/styles/gallery__lightbox/public/2013/04-April/temp20130401-canty-draft.jpg?itok=7DQW9QdF&timestamp=1439709537

In 1996 Vincent Brisby dealt with a hamstring injury for most of the season and only appeared in 3 regular season games and the playoffs. In the Super Bowl he had 2 catches. So it's possible the jersey you have may be issued if everything else checks out but I have no idea. Any 1996 game used jersey from Brisby probably wouldn't show much use and could appear issued, but that is an assumption.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/455014588-vincent-brisby-of-the-new-england-patriots-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QRyQHmlg5m0muAOKjulVPAxuzPqq lww5P08C%2bKmGP%2bDuoWYv6c5AFEjpPsnOqcuAww%3d%3d

As far as Chris Canty, he was a first round draft pick in 1997 so he wouldn't have had a jersey made for him for the Super Bowl I don't think since he was at K State at the time. It's possible the jersey was a 1996 season jersey that is carried over if everything else looks like it was from 1996.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/vincent-brisby-of-the-new-england-patriots-gets-tackled-by-greg-evans-picture-id158572308

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/late-in-the-fourth-quarter-the-patriots-trailing-2419-vincent-brisby-picture-id147749309

http://www.patriots.com/sites/patriots.com/files/styles/gallery__lightbox/public/assets/images/imported/NE/photos/imported/1998/patriots-com-gallery/6-patriots-vs-saints-10-4-1998/000114--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg?itok=56opRCjc&timestamp=1441906114
https://www.patriots.com/sites/patriots.com/files/styles/borealis_gallery__control_thumb_respondsmall/public/assets/images/imported/NE/photos/imported/1998/patriots-com-gallery/6-patriots-vs-saints-10-4-1998/000115--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg?itok=XgjWxkv3

patsfan
01-01-2016, 07:22 PM
thanks Michael , much appreciated and great information ... steve

RKO18
01-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Michael,

Sweet Curtis Martin gamer. I love how you display your jerseys. Great mannequins, great photos, etc.

What are your thoughts on this Bledsoe jersey?

LINK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Drew-Bledsoe-Game-Used-Worn-Issued-Jersey-Patriots-/181976039699?hash=item2a5e9e0113:g:zicAAOSwnH1WbF4 Y)

I haven't had any luck photo-matching it. But it would be a nice jersey from the Pats 1996 AFC Championship season if it were legit.

patsfan
01-01-2016, 07:46 PM
looking at the brisby jersey the starter on the shoulder is about an eight to a quarter inch above the numbers and the top of the starter emblem is just to the seam of the shoulder as in your pic. The shoulder seam is also above the v of the neck as pictured but the jock or hem label is the same starter emblem as on the shoulder with the words authentic and it writing script below authentic it says designed and tailored for the and below that is the nfl shield ....looks nothing like the label on your royal jersey.

patsfan
01-01-2016, 08:03 PM
bump ..... I also have a derrick cullors 96 white and it actually has the starter emblem under the shoulder numbers and has the jock tag as you have pictured stating exclusively for the new England patriots so maybe the super bowl jerseys had a different hem tag and just maybe I have an actual brisby super bowl jersey ...thank you very much for all your input Michael .... you certainly know your stuff steve

paul457
01-03-2016, 12:34 PM
What are your thoughts on this Bledsoe jersey?

LINK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Drew-Bledsoe-Game-Used-Worn-Issued-Jersey-Patriots-/181976039699?hash=item2a5e9e0113:g:zicAAOSwnH1WbF4 Y)

I haven't had any luck photo-matching it. But it would be a nice jersey from the Pats 1996 AFC Championship season if it were legit.

That's actually my Bledsoe, and I have not been able to photomatch it either. I've consulted with several GU sources including one with the Patriots, and everything on the jersey checks out with tagging, size, cut, Custom Crafted stamp, etc. It's legitimate but we just can't seem to find photographic proof.

The jersey has light wear, and a team repair, so my guess is that it was worn only for a couple of quarters late in a game, or during the preseason. If you've looked through Getty images you'll see that Bledsoe wore the same jersey in every photo that they have for the 1996 season. But photographs weren't as plentiful back then, and there are no photos on that site from the preseason.

I actually have this 1996 Bledsoe and a 1994 blue issued Bledsoe, I'm only going to keep one of them, so if anyone has Pats GU / issued jerseys they'd like to trade, please contact me at tobey457@gmail.com.

goldspeed101
01-03-2016, 03:28 PM
There was an Austin Collie team issued up on eBay a couple weeks ago. Was it anyone from here who won it?

patsfan
01-05-2016, 08:40 PM
I just got a :) patriots Benjamin Watson and Patrick pass game worn ...The Patrick Pass was worn opening night in 2005 and sports the super bowl 39 champions patch

MichaelofSF
01-05-2016, 09:56 PM
I just got a :) patriots Benjamin Watson and Patrick pass game worn ...The Patrick Pass was worn opening night in 2005 and sports the super bowl 39 champions patch

cool pickups, please share when you have a chance.

Ty Law 2002 game used home jersey (Patriots LOA)
This is a navy Ty Law jersey that was first worn in 2002. After the Super Bowl winning season of 2001 the Patriots switched from Adidas to Reebok. A cool tidbit of info that I learned from Jim is that in some of Ty Law's jerseys the year tag would be removed, I have no idea why. This one has 02-46 in the neck. The jersey has Law's open sleeves that he started wearing in 2000. Anyway this jersey has a few team repairs and hit marks. Pretty good use for a cornerback jersey. A larger repair is present on the front between the 2 and 4. In 2002 Ty Law made his 3rd (out of 5) Pro Bowl. Law is currently a member of the Patriots Hall of Fame and last year was a semifinalist for Canton. It would be awesome if he can eventually make it in there. Every Patriots fan has a memory in their head of Ty Law wearing the navy jersey in Super Bowl 36 picking of Warner and taking it to the house.

patsfan
01-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Michael ..... yet another incredible jersey you have there ... i'll try to post some of mine when I figure out how to do it ..... my collection pales compared to yours but I love collecting ..thanks for sharing your collection and your knowledge .... steve

jeffaary
01-11-2016, 01:26 PM

My Keith Byars Super Bowl jersey actually had the logos removed from the bottom of the sleeve and relocated to above the numbers. You can totally see where the logos were originally. I can't say that all the Super Bowl jerseys had the logos removed and relocated, but that would be the first thing I'd look for.

patsfan
01-11-2016, 09:53 PM
My Keith Byars Super Bowl jersey actually had the logos removed from the bottom of the sleeve and relocated to above the numbers. You can totally see where the logos were originally. I can't say that all the Super Bowl jerseys had the logos removed and relocated, but that would be the first thing I'd look for.

thanks jeff I just looked at my jerseys and none of the logos were moved. when I tried a photo match I found it interesting that not only were the logos just above the numbers but on some jerseys the starter logo was actually to the side of the numbers

patsfan
01-11-2016, 10:09 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/81802034-football-super-bowl-xxxi-green-bay-packers-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QW%2fMBTFdssM%2bjbrf8CIfWDnd lg7Kob2y1Ey5oEuaOBX7rNi2j7HsNuTe1XHvda9X9g%3d%3d

jeffaary
01-11-2016, 10:26 PM
The linemen jerseys had the logos to the side of the numbers for several seasons because they had those short sleeves that tucked under the shoulder pads and there was no room for logos under or over the numbers. The position players did not have the numbers to the side.

My Byars Super bowl jersey also does not have a Custom Crafted Stamp.

MichaelofSF
01-13-2016, 07:17 PM
Ty Law 2001-2002 era game used cleats (Patriots LOA)
I couldn't find a Ty Law jersey for the longest time. So I purchased some game used cleats a few years back. These are style matched to 2001-2002. They are size 12. Law typically had tape on the upper part of his cleats/ankles. These might be from the Green Bay game in 2002. There are some holes cut in the toe area, Law did not do this on all of his cleats. 24 is written on the heel of each cleat.

paul457
01-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Couple of issued jerseys I picked up recently.

2014 Gronk Pro Bowl:
http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zpsfmbom778.jpeg

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zpsncg4lsb3.jpeg

1994 Bledsoe home jersey w75th patch:
http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zpsh6dpm9u9.jpeg

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zpstqecwe0f.jpeg

MichaelofSF
01-27-2016, 10:36 PM
Tobey, thanks for sharing. I still am on the lookout for a well documented team sourced or photmatched Bledsoe game worn jersey for my own collection.

John Lynch 2008 game used jersey (final jersey of Lynch's career, Patriots LOA)
I've posted this jersey before on the NFL thread. At the end of Lynch's hopefully HOF career, he spent a preseason with the Patriots and Bill Belichick. During one of the Patriots telecasts this year, Lynch offered some insight into his time there. He was studying really hard to learn the system and had spent a lot of time with BB getting coached up. Before the last preseason game Lynch knew that he was going to retire and told BB, but asked that he let him play the whole game since he knew it was going to be his last game. In the final game against the Giants, Lynch has 8 total tackles (5 solo). It was kind of cool to hear the reason as to why he (a possible HOFer) played well into the end of the 4th preseason game with other people just trying to make a practice squad. Anyway the jersey has a pretty large repair on the back as well as some other repairs in the shoulder area and back of jersey. "08-46" is present in the neck area and the waist is elasticized. It matches up with the road game at Tampa and the finale at NYG. The mesh holes match up and a horizontal crease on the front 4 above the internal triangle can be seen in pics.

paul457
02-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Happy retirement to the defensive captain!

2012 GU Jerod Mayo vs the 49ers w/HOF patch.

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zpsx6equgwr.jpeg

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/image_zpsb7b3voy4.jpeg

MichaelofSF
02-24-2016, 12:55 AM
Happy retirement to the defensive captain!

2012 GU Jerod Mayo vs the 49ers w/HOF patch.

Awesome Mayo jersey, love the HOF patch. The second half of that game was maybe Brady's best half of football ever, great comeback that came up just short.

Troy Brown 1999 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
I was finally able to obtain a Troy Brown game used jersey that showed legitimate use. This 1999 Brown jersey came direct from the Patriots and has a repair on the back shoulder. In 1999 Adidas started manufacturing the Patriots game jerseys and after the 1999 season changed the uniform style to pretty much what it is today. This is my first 1999 jersey and one difference that I noticed on this jersey compared to other Starter era Patriots jerseys is that the numbers do not have the same amount of bubbling up/folding that happens after washing a few times. I do not know if this is present across other 1999 Patriots jerseys compared to the 95-98 Starter jerseys or just this one.

Anyway, this jersey has cuffed sleeves. Troy Brown switched to shorter open sleeves around 2002. On the inner part of the cuffed sleeves a slit is present on both arms. On the front a "99" year tag is present along with the Adidas tag. A good amount of the silver of the shoulder logos has been washed away. Ball/dirt marks are present on the numerals.

MichaelofSF
05-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Rodney Harrison 2005 game used jersey (Patriots LOA as issued)
Harrison came over to the Patriots in 2003 and won two Super Bowls with the Pats. He ended up spending 6 seasons in New England and retired after the 2008 season. In 2005 Harrison wore this home colored jersey. He last wore it on the road in week 2 against Carolina. In that game he had 8 combined tackles (7 total, 1 ast) and 1 pass defense. The following week at Pittsburgh he injured his knee and was out for the rest of the year. Harrison did not wear this jersey in week 1 (SB champs patch) and may or may not have worn in the preseason. The jersey has been washed, but some remnant marks are still present on the numerals and also some hit marks on the blue parts. Upon examination of game photos from the week 2 game, some of the threads, mesh holes and numerical stains can be found on the jersey and in pictures. The jersey is a size 48 with +2 inches in length. There is an elastic band in the waist that is hemmed.

MichaelofSF
05-24-2016, 11:05 PM
Rodney Harrison 2005 game used jersey The jersey is a size 48 with +2 inches in length.

Correction, it is a size 50 with +2 inches in length

paul457
05-26-2016, 10:37 AM
Dammit, I should have done more research.

Awesome pickup Michael, you got that Harrison for a song! :cool:

MichaelofSF
08-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Ty Law 1998 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
I finally have been able to add a matching style Ty Law (1998 home) and Lawyer Milloy (1996 home) to my collection. One of my favorite posters growing up was "The Firm" with Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy on it. Anyway, about the jersey... the jersey is from the Starter era. Inside the neck there is a Set 1 Custom Crafted tag. The jersey is a size 48 with a repair present on the rear. The jersey has cuffed sleeves as that is how Ty Law wore his jerseys until the 2000 season. In 1998 Law led the NFL in interceptions with 9 (7 in the home jersey), including one returned for a TD in this jersey. He was selected to the 1st Team All Pro.

Any other Pats pickups out there?

banderson42
08-08-2016, 01:19 PM
MichaelofSF with, yet again, an amazing pickup! Great collection you have sir.

I'll tone things down with a few team issued pickups from the latest Tent Sale at Gillette Stadium.

First up is, what I believe to be an '85-'87 punter Rich Camarillo, made by Sand Knit.

These jerseys had their nameplates removed so its pretty hard to tell what exactly they are. I believe this style was worn from 1984(with a patch)-1992, with the NFL Shield patch starting in 1991. 1990 and 1991 had stitched numbers, while the rest have screen printed numbers. Manufacturers during this time period ranged from Champion to Sand Knit to Russell and there were definitely times when a jersey was worn in a different season than it was issued. Very inconsistent back then.

Next is, possibly, an '85-'89 QB Tony Eason, made by Russell. Keep in mind these have no nameplate and no signs of wear.

Finally I have a mystery #16, also by Russell. Too early to be a Zolak as there is no NFL Shield patch, although there are pictures floating around of Zo wearing a Shield-less jersey.

I'll post some more pictures soon of the worn jerseys I picked up at the tent sale...

MichaelofSF
08-24-2016, 08:50 PM
MichaelofSF with, yet again, an amazing pickup! Great collection you have sir.

I'll tone things down with a few team issued pickups from the latest Tent Sale at Gillette Stadium.

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for posting your pickups!

Marc Edwards 2002 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
I was recently able to add a Marc Edwards home gamer. As a ND college football fan, I enjoyed watching Edwards play for the Irish and was happy when he joined the Pats and was able to win a Super Bowl with them. As would be expected from a fullback jersey, this jersey is pounded with many hit marks and repairs. The jersey is a size 48 with a neck year/size tag. There is also a reebok tag on the front.

Any other Pats pickups out there?

sjsinohio
09-21-2016, 12:46 PM
I posted my game used Houston Antwine on this thread a few months back. I loaned it to the New England Patriots display at their stadium for the next year! Its part of a special display. If anyone sees it on display let me know! Check it out!

sjsinohio
09-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Picture wont update sorry. Email me at vinnys42@yahoo.com and ill send you a picture of the helmet on display. Thanks! Go Pats

sox83cubs84
09-21-2016, 09:44 PM
banderson42:

The Sand-Knit tagging on the punter's jersey would indicate 1987-89 issuance.

Dave Miedema

banderson42
09-22-2016, 08:42 AM
Thank you for that info Dave!

NEFAN
09-22-2016, 01:10 PM
I posted my game used Houston Antwine on this thread a few months back. I loaned it to the New England Patriots display at their stadium for the next year! Its part of a special display. If anyone sees it on display let me know! Check it out!

The Pats media is doing a bunch of discussions at "The Hall", it is in the background every show.

sjsinohio
09-24-2016, 06:15 AM
Can you please take a picture or screen shot of it next time you see it? That would be great! Thanks

MichaelofSF
12-07-2016, 01:01 AM

That's really cool!

I've been in contact with some other Pats collectors over the last few months thanks to this thread, everyone feel free to post your pickups and share any knowledge...

Thread revival...
Previously posted on the NFL thread
2009 Wes Welker AFL game used jersey (NFL Auctions/ PSA/DNA, I no longer own this jersey)
This jersey was worn in the Broncos - Patriots game in Denver. Welker had 8 receptions for 86 yards and a TD. The jersey was washed and collected a few months after the game.

MichaelofSF
12-07-2016, 01:17 AM
2009 Wes Welker AFL throwback game used jersey (Pats LOA)
I personally really liked the throwbacks worn in the 2009 season, the simple design, colors, and patch looked great to me. In 2009 the Pats opened the season on MNF against the Bills. This was the return of Tom Brady game as he tore his ACL in week 1 of the 2008 season. Buffalo had a late lead in the game but the Pats recovered a fumbled KO return in between two late Ben Watson TDs. The Pats went on to win 25-24. Welker wore this jersey in that game and recorded his first 12 catches of the year for 93 yards, and also had two punt returns for 21 yards. Welker would go on to catch 123 balls that season for 1,348 yards and earn his first honor as 1st team All Pro.

The jersey shows some hit marks still present and two visible repairs.

MichaelofSF
02-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Thread revival for the now 5 time Super Bowl Champions!

2010 Deion Branch team issued throwback jersey (Pats LOA)
In Deion Branch's 2nd tour with the Patriots he returned wearing #84. The Pats wore throwbacks in two games that year (against the Vikings and on Thanksgiving Day against the Lions). This is a Deion Branch throwback jersey from that year. This year the Pats had probably their best rookie receiver in Malcom Mitchell since Deion Branch was a rookie.

Anyone have the 2013 Edelman home jersey from NFL Auctions? Any other Pats pickups?

NEFAN
02-14-2017, 05:34 PM
Can you please take a picture or screen shot of it next time you see it? That would be great! Thanks

Saw them on the Patriots Desksite App. A series on celebrating SBXXXVI. Host are sitting in front of the display at the Hall.

I can't seem to post links or pictures to this site. I know how to do it, but it doesn't work for some reason since I upgraded to Edge explorer.

paul457
04-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Did someone here purchase the red throwback 2010 GU Jerod Mayo that was floating around eBay last year? Or would you mind putting me in contact with the person who has it?

If so please contact me, I'd like to work out a deal!

MichaelofSF
07-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Did someone here purchase the red throwback 2010 GU Jerod Mayo that was floating around eBay last year? Or would you mind putting me in contact with the person who has it?

If so please contact me, I'd like to work out a deal!

Tobey,
were you able to pick up/did you see the awesome rookie Mayo in the latest Paragon Auction?

MichaelofSF
07-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Rodney Harrison 2005 game used jersey (Patriots LOA as issued)
Harrison came over to the Patriots in 2003 and won two Super Bowls with the Pats. He ended up spending 6 seasons in New England and retired after the 2008 season. In 2005 Harrison wore this home colored jersey. He last wore it on the road in week 2 against Carolina. In that game he had 8 combined tackles (7 total, 1 ast) and 1 pass defense. The following week at Pittsburgh he injured his knee and was out for the rest of the year. Harrison did not wear this jersey in week 1 (SB champs patch) and may or may not have worn in the preseason. The jersey has been washed, but some remnant marks are still present on the numerals and also some hit marks on the blue parts. Upon examination of game photos from the week 2 game, some of the threads, mesh holes and numerical stains can be found on the jersey and in pictures. The jersey is a size 50 with +2 inches in length. There is an elastic band in the waist that is hemmed.

Just got the 2005 Harrison gamer signed. Rodney added the inscription himself, which I like

MichaelofSF
07-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Drew Bledsoe 1999 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
Drew is one of the main reasons why I am a Pats fan. I really enjoyed watching him play back in the day and was finally able to add a legit gamer to the collection (had been searching for a while). Drew wore this jersey for most of the 1999 season. There is a repair on the front, to the left of the "11" that is present from the start of the season through week 10. Since the repair was present in the first home game already I would guess that the jersey was also worn in the preseason. Otherwise pretty light use present as other than the time he got blasted by Mo Lewis, he didn't run much.

Bledsoe wore the jersey in these games:
week 2 vs. Ind 27/45 299 yards 4 TD 0 Int
week 3 vs. NYG 20/28 233 yards 0 TD 0 Int
week 6 vs. Mia 17/36 225 yards 1 TD 1 Int
week 7 vs. Den 13/22 214 yards 0 TD 0 Int
week 8 @ Ari 14/22 276 yards 4 TD 0 Int
Week 10 vs. NYJ 15/36 170 yards 2 TD 3 Int

totals: 106/189 1417 11 TD 4 Int

Being worn in 2 separate 4 TD games is pretty cool to me.

banderson42
07-18-2017, 08:11 AM
Yet another beauty, MichaelofSF!
Also, Pats just tweeted yesterday that there will be another Tent Sale this year, starting on the 27th, however I emailed the new game worn contact and he isn't confident that there will be any game worn gear available this year, which is a real bummer. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

patsfan98
08-24-2017, 06:34 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18953096_1597052127004097_5755619090307525440_n.jp g?oh=22a69e1c41cf16ff19dcd6cdb540b548&oe=5A1F30D9

Both of Jerod's game used AFL jerseys! NFL/Pats COA for them. Jerod has expressed interest in trading for them, but a deal hasnt yet been made. Will keep everyone posted!

MichaelofSF
08-25-2017, 03:59 PM
Both of Jerod's game used AFL jerseys! NFL/Pats COA for them. Jerod has expressed interest in trading for them, but a deal hasnt yet been made. Will keep everyone posted!

Hi Dylan, glad to have you finally on here, welcome to the board and the thread! Thanks for sharing photos of the Mayos.

patsfan98
08-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Hi Dylan, glad to have you finally on here, welcome to the board and the thread! Thanks for sharing photos of the Mayos.

Thanks Michael! I sent you an email earlier today.

MichaelofSF
12-26-2017, 12:50 AM
Troy Brown 1996 game used jersey
I was able to pick up a Troy Brown jersey from the 1996 Super Bowl season. The jersey has the set 1 custom crafted internal stamping. The jersey does not come with a team letter, but does appear favorable to stripe positions/shoulder logos in 1996 photos. There is a team repair on the right shoulder just above the #8 TV numbers that appears to be present on some photos, resolution not high enough in photos that I have seen to call it a match. There are a total of 3 team repairs present on the jersey as well as hit marks and wash wear. The appropriate 1996 "T. Brown" is present and 1996 era front tag labeling. The jersey is a size 48 with cuffed sleeves and starter logo placement below the sleeve numbers.

During the 1996 season Brown was mostly used on special teams, but did manage to haul in 21 receptions during the year.

MichaelofSF
12-27-2017, 11:10 PM
Willie McGinest 2005 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
Willie wore this jersey during the 2005 Patriots season. It was last worn in a career game for him, the Wild Card Playoff game against the Jaguars. In this game alone McGinest recorded 4.5 sacks! McGinest was an integral part to the defense on the first 3 Super Bowl winning Patriots teams.

There are multiple repairs and hit marks on the jersey. The waist is elasticized, the sleeves are cuffed and it is made by Reebok. The jersey is a size 48 +2.

Any other Pats items out there? Any pickups?

MichaelofSF
01-25-2018, 11:29 PM
David Patten 2004 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
One of my favorite Patriots highlights is the David Patten touchdown on the out and up in SB XXXVI, heck of a catch. This jersey is from the 2004 season, a Patriots championship season. The jersey is made by Reebok and is a size 44. Open sleeves are present on the jersey. Some scuffing is present on the jersey.

On a side note, does anyone know how to just have previously attached images show up automatically like on the old forum settings? I like the visual display of having images already present instead of having to click on the images.8884488845888468884788848

Samets
01-26-2018, 07:58 AM
unless the in-line images are enabled, the only way is to link an image from a hosting service...

( Just in case I made the photo relevant to the thread ;) )

Samets
01-26-2018, 08:00 AM
OK! Never mind... Looks like all in-line images are turned off...

MichaelofSF
08-29-2018, 12:11 AM
Wes Welker 2007 game used jersey
The 2007 season was Welker's first season with the Patriots. He was acquired from the Dolphins in the offseason and finished the 2007 season leading the league in receptions for the first time (2007, 2009, 2011) with 112 receptions. Season long totals would be 112 catches for 1175 yards and 8 TDs, he also still had some return duties that year. He last wore this jersey on 10/28 against the Redskins (9 rec 89 yards, 1 TD) week 8, but I believe he started wearing the jersey week 5. These are Welker's stats from week 5 to 8 (all blue jersey games)

week 5 10/7/2007 vs. CLE 4 rec 19 yards
week 6 10/14/2007 @DAL 11 rec 124 yards 2 TDs this was the "the real #81... get your popcorn ready" game
week 7 10/21/2007 @MIA 9 rec 138 yards 2 TDs
week 8 10/28/2007 vs. WAS 9 rec 89 yards 1 TD

totals 33 rec 370 yards 5 TDs

Welker wore a different blue jersey in weeks 1 (@NYJ) and 2 (SD). In the Miami game in week 7, Welker has a hole in his left shoulder (grey area, near the shoulder number 8) that has been repaired. Yellow helmet marks/filed paint are still present on the jersey as well as brown marks on the front numbers from the football. Some turf burn/helmet marks are present on the right shoulder area.

tom1315
09-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Awesome set of Patriot jerseys! Great pictures and detail and love how you have displayed!

Tom

jsage
09-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Michael -
Great Welker jersey.
Jerry

paul457
10-01-2018, 02:19 PM

Pretty psyched to grab this today, first pickup in a long time.

2012 Wes Welker jersey photomatched to the Seattle game, 10 reception for 138yds and a TD. 2012 was Welker’s final season with the Pats, also a Pro Bowl season. PSA / DNA certified.

Looks like this jersey could have been worn against the Bills and Ravens also, trying to match it now.

paul457
10-01-2018, 04:10 PM

2010 Jerod Mayo, I believe this was worn the entire season, this was his only 1st team all pro season with 175 total tackles. Jersey is hammered with ~10 team repairs. Pats COA.

paul457
10-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Man my last pictures sucked. Let’s try this again...

WELKER

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/88001174-F1AB-4FFD-8D4F-D6B16A4CC3B7_zpskudwrp07.jpeg (http://s491.photobucket.com/user/tobey457/media/88001174-F1AB-4FFD-8D4F-D6B16A4CC3B7_zpskudwrp07.jpeg.html)

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/DE26245C-158D-4B5B-95A0-D5D341015303_zpsukrqcz0t.jpeg (http://s491.photobucket.com/user/tobey457/media/DE26245C-158D-4B5B-95A0-D5D341015303_zpsukrqcz0t.jpeg.html)

MAYO

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/F2E6F487-42CF-4B58-99B3-8B600212F68B_zpskcxqavld.jpeg (http://s491.photobucket.com/user/tobey457/media/F2E6F487-42CF-4B58-99B3-8B600212F68B_zpskcxqavld.jpeg.html)

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/tobey457/1F25A877-2A5B-451A-B585-491EA14AE02F_zpstkpgzpbp.jpeg (http://s491.photobucket.com/user/tobey457/media/1F25A877-2A5B-451A-B585-491EA14AE02F_zpstkpgzpbp.jpeg.html)

MichaelofSF
10-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Michael -
Great Welker jersey.
Jerry

Thanks Jerry! Hope you are doing well, picked up another Brett 1992 jersey recently!

Man my last pictures sucked. Let’s try this again...

WELKER

MAYO

Tobey, Awesome pickups, thanks for sharing! I've been trying to post but have been having a hard time with permissions to post. For whatever reason today it's working.

Tgeig11
04-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Any Blount, Spikes, or Browner stuff out there?

NEFAN
04-28-2019, 07:18 PM
This Brady ball was listed at $5K and didn't sell so the seller listed it again https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Brady-Auto-Patriots-Game-Used-Football-Photo-Matched-Brady-5-Yd-Run-1-1-/333171974310?oid=333171448566 Am I missing something?

Samets
04-29-2019, 06:01 AM
This is your typical eBay tactic. Now that it has a higher price, he will either discount it so all watchers will get a notification that the seller tool XX% off or just keep playing with the price...

Doesn't work with me but I guess it's their item...

Sigrosruler
05-01-2019, 03:00 AM
I actually own the ball I don’t really want to sell the ball so I put a high price on it. Kinda one of those I don’t want to sell but if this price is right.

patsfan98
11-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Its been a little while, and a lot has popped in recent months. Any new pick ups?

MichaelofSF
11-23-2019, 05:46 PM
Julian Edelman 2013 Salute to Service Game used jersey NFL Auction PSA/DNA COA

I've been searching for this jersey for a while, and earlier in the year was finally able to pick it up. It was last worn 11/24/2013 in a SNF home game against Peyton Manning's Broncos. The Pats trailed 24-0 at halftime before storming back with 31 straight unanswered points taking the lead before the Broncos tied it to force overtime. Ultimately the Patriots would prevail. In this game Jules had 9 catches for 110 yards and 2 TDs. 2013 was Edelman's breakout year (105 rec, 1,056 yards, 6 rec TDs).

I believe the jersey is a size 38 (PSA/DNA covers up the second digit), which I have seen for Nike Edelman jerseys. 2013 was the last year that Edelman wore sleeves, before switching to open arm holes in the 2014 season. There are a couple of team repairs present and it is in an unwashed state following the Broncos game. I believe Edelman started wearing this jersey during the Tampa regular season game until the Denver game.

9/22 Tampa Bay 7 rec 44 yards, 2 punt ret 29 yards
10/13 New Orleans 5 rec 57 yards, 3 punt ret 9 yards
10/27 Miami 2 rec 7 yards, 3 punt ret 13 yards
11/3 Pittsburgh 1 rec 11 yards, 2 punt ret 43 yards
11/24 Denver 9 rec 110 yards 2 TDs, 3 punt ret 39 yards

totals 24 rec 229 rec yards 2 TDs, 13 ret 133 yards

MichaelofSF
11-23-2019, 06:00 PM
Julian Edelman 2013 Salute to Service Game used jersey NFL Auction PSA/DNA COA

MichaelofSF
11-24-2019, 11:09 AM
Adam Vinatieri 2002 game used throwback jersey vs. Lions (Vinatieri LOA)

I normally don't collect kickers/punters/offensive linemen, but when you have made two Super Bowl winning kicks for my team and kicked 45 yarder in the snow to send a game to overtime to kick off a dynasty, well I have to have a jersey in the collection.

This is 2002 throwback style jersey was worn against the Lions on Thanksgiving. Adam would have a perfect kicking record on the day (2/2 FG and 2/2 PAT) and the Pats would win 20-12. This jersey originated from Vinatieri and is signed by him on the back. 2002 was the first year that Reebok made the Patriots jerseys. "02-46" is in the neck tag. On the front tag, 46 and +2 length tags are present. Absent is the NFL shield from the throwback style jersey. Not much usage wear from a kickers jersey.

Samets
11-25-2019, 07:03 AM
Love the Edelman jersey!

respo
11-30-2019, 07:18 AM
Hey MichaelofSF can I email you?

MichaelofSF
11-30-2019, 05:03 PM
Hey MichaelofSF can I email you?

Yes, send me a pm first

Ben Coates 1995 game used jersey (Patriots COA)
Before there was Gronk there was Ben "Technicolor Amazing Dream" Coates as the All Pro #87 wearing TE for the Pats. In 1995 Coates made his second consecutive 1st Team All Pro. Him and Shannon Sharpe really paved the way for Tight Ends to be a bigger part of the passing game. This home gamer has multiple team repairs. Coates was wearing this jersey in week 1 against the Browns where he hauled in 9 receptions for 106 yards and kept wearing it throughout the season. The Pats wore their home blue (week 1 CLE, week 2 MIA, week 6 DEN, week 8 BUF, week 9 CAR, week 11 @MIA, week 12 IND, week 14 NOR, week 15 NYJ) at home and at Miami that year. Coates can be seen wearing this jersey throughout the season, however, I don't have footage or photos from every game, so can't say that it was worn for every game (although it seems like it), just that it was throughout the season.

The jersey has the 1995 starter front tag and is a size 52. On alot of the 1995 jerseys that I have seen the size is written on the front tag with a pen. Inside the Custom Crafted stamp reads "OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SET 1 1995-96 SEASON." There are cuffed sleeves present. On the front collar Patriots logo there is a TM that is present on retail jerseys from the era and have seen on some gamers, but not usually present.

MichaelofSF
11-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Ben Coates 1995 game used jersey (Patriots COA)

It was worn in week 1 pictured against the Browns through week 15, the last time they wore blues against the Jets as seen below as well.

patsfan98
01-16-2020, 02:45 PM
I'll start of the first post of 2020 with 2019 DPOY front runner, Stephon Gilmore jersey. Photo matched to two games during the season.89953

tom1315
01-19-2020, 12:38 PM
Awesome jersey! Congrats on pickup.

Tom

speedee6
03-29-2020, 07:38 PM
Hi. I am an Iowa Fan looking for a Tim Dwight game used jersey or anything from Andre Tippett as well. My son is an Iowa /Patriots fan so I am looking for something from either of these two great Hawkeyes that also played for the Patriots. Thanks for you time!