PDA

View Full Version : The Circus (Highland Mint) is back in town...

xpress34
07-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Received this from Jim Bowley today:

"Not sure if you bought some of the ALL STAR BP jerseys before or deal with anyone else here, but I assume Nolan Arenado will be named to the All Star team tonight if you would find his ALL STAR worn BP jersey of interest Let me know . Thanks, Jim"

So I responded with this:

"Jim -

Not to be rude, but I'm pretty certain that I asked you and all of the other bozos over there at Highland Mint to take me OFF of your mailing list after I got screwed around and put into a 'blind bidding war' with other customers on a jersey that I had already been offered by you at a $xxx.xx. Then it was $yyy.yy. Then $zzz.zz, etc , etc if I still wanted a shot at the jersey.

I don't care for the way you do business and rest assured that if I receive another email from a 'highland mint' rep, I will be reporting you for Spam and Harassment.

Now, DELETE me - PERMANENTLY - from your files.

Good Day!

P.S. - the fact that you're own statement claims you don't even know if I have bought from you before or if I've dealt with anyone else there proves that you guys don't give a shit about the individual anyway or you would have remembered our previous exchanges."

I just don't want anyone to forget the little secret 'bidding wars' their reps get everyone into (Stanton's ASG Jersey ring any bells?) and to remind you that even if you asked them not to contact you again (which I had done), they ignore it and contact you anyway.

End of rant.

sportsnbikes
07-06-2015, 02:48 PM
I went back and forth with this same guy I believe. He doesn't get it.

Phil316
07-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Nope he doesn't. Just another keyboard cowboy yeeeehaaaaaaa

sherbal15
07-06-2015, 04:16 PM
I was offered Jhonny Peralta's BP Jersey for this year at the low price of $2,000 - i was told starters always command the most money.....good to know about the phantom bidding wars.

emann
07-06-2015, 05:52 PM
Nope he doesn't. Just another keyboard cowboy yeeeehaaaaaaa

The "yeeeehaaaaaaa" just made me LOL.

esigs
07-06-2015, 05:58 PM
I went back and forth with this same guy I believe. He doesn't get it.

He doesn't get it or is this just how the company operates?

http://sharesleuth.com/short-takes/2015/02/trick-play-memorabilia-company-peddled-patriots-seahawks-gear-with-forged-player-autographs

Phil316
07-06-2015, 06:59 PM
He doesn't get it or is this just how the company operates?

http://sharesleuth.com/short-takes/2015/02/trick-play-memorabilia-company-peddled-patriots-seahawks-gear-with-forged-player-autographs

Kaboom

Let's be honest. Even after all the crap that has been outed by Highland Mint on this forum members still purchase, I mean bid for their items. Crazy stuff.

lengthwise1
07-09-2015, 07:11 PM
They offered me an all star jersey via email that a friend already locked down through an MLB connection. I thought that was interesting...

xpress34
07-09-2015, 07:53 PM
They offered me an all star jersey via email that a friend already locked down through an MLB connection. I thought that was interesting...

Not surprised at all Geoff!

seanbaseball
07-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Offered Molina at $1500, then when i said yes it went up to $2500 the next day.
LOL

johnsontravis@ymail.com
07-09-2015, 08:25 PM
I highly doubt MLB even has these items in their possession. Probably bulk sold everything to Highland. The whole asking MLB is just part of the rip off.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
07-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Though I will say they were offering a Lucroy double from the last ASG game that was up on the MLB site at one point too.

It's all just really strange. I don't get the supposed middle man.

seanbaseball
07-12-2015, 06:39 PM
When questioning Steve McRae why the Molina jersey that was "sold" is being offered to other collectors he said:

"Heard lies from others. Wouldnt listen to anything those guys say on that crazy forum"

LOL

gingi79
07-13-2015, 11:50 PM
I never understood the appeal of All Star game used stuff anyway. The best players are often not recognized, the game is an exhibition and nearly everything they do is worthless as far as stats, accomplishments and such. All this circus nonsense starring players fans elect; the LEAST impartial group of evaluators ever mind you, and next year 35% the guys aren't even seriously considered again.

This forum helped bring down and uncover numerous shams, shysters, flim-flammers, cheats, scumbags and thieves. Bravo for once again highlighting the unethical shenanigans of Highland Mint.

helf35
07-15-2015, 05:59 AM
Sounds like the MLB is keeping some jersey's. They usually issue 2 and received an email about some might not be available. A few might pop up on MLB auctions again. I know the A's kept there's last year.