PDA

View Full Version : Jose Abreu game issued hat

helf35
06-10-2015, 10:20 AM
This is on ebay and I have been interested but does anyone know anything about it? Anyone know what Abreu's hat size is thanks. I would assume almost all All Star items end up authenticated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOSE-ABREU-AUTOGRPHED-2014-MLB-ALL-STAR-HAT-CAP-ROOKIE-CHICAGO-WHITE-SOX-ROY-WOW-/141671262482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fc43e912

Sioux4Ever
06-10-2015, 01:50 PM
This is on ebay and I have been interested but does anyone know anything about it? Anyone know what Abreu's hat size is thanks. I would assume almost all All Star items end up authenticated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOSE-ABREU-AUTOGRPHED-2014-MLB-ALL-STAR-HAT-CAP-ROOKIE-CHICAGO-WHITE-SOX-ROY-WOW-/141671262482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fc43e912
I know hats don't always end up authenticated because the players do get to keep them. I can't speak for sure to this specific case but it is possible that he did sign this hat that was issued to him

salukidave
06-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Just wanted to state the obvious here that the hat was signed sometime after the season since he included a "ROY" inscription.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
I don't think it would be crazy to assume he just gave it to a fan after the derby. Then again I'd expect a story regarding that in the description. Instead the seller provides nothing and there is nothing on the hat to make it anything but retail. I would stay far away personally.

The only thing positive about this hat is the bill is flat. At the homerun derby it looks flat...not so much on practice days though. I have a hard time believing they issued him multiple hats and not even have a number on one.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Actually with further observation I found one picture from the ASG that showed it having a notable slight curve. The hat in the EBay listing looks totally straight like you would find on the store shelf. I can post the picture if you really want me to...but that would require going on my computer.

So it looks like a normal hat that got signed.

helf35
06-10-2015, 09:21 PM
I asked for the size and how he obtained it just waiting on an answer. I know the guy bought a lot of stuff at Soxfest then resold it on eBay so I'm assuming he's a dealer. I know the players were issued 2 jerseys so I would assume they were given 2 hats as well.