PDA

View Full Version : Fan struck by bat at Fenway

metsbats
06-06-2015, 10:09 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/05/us/boston-fan-struck-by-bat/index.html

Reports said that injuries were life threatening.

Hope she pulls through.

danesei@yahoo.com
06-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Latest reports are saying, she should survive, which is wonderful news. I wonder how her memory will be, though. :( Brain injuries are always horrible thoughts.

cjclong
06-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Something needs to be done about bats shattering. It is bad enough to be hit with a barrel, but some of the bats break like spears. Someday some one is going to have a bat go through their chest and maybe their heart. Watching many baseball games in the the 60's and 70's I never once saw a bat break completely apart.

xpress34
06-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Something needs to be done about bats shattering. It is bad enough to be hit with a barrel, but some of the bats break like spears. Someday some one is going to have a bat go through their chest and maybe their heart. Watching many baseball games in the the 60's and 70's I never once saw a bat break completely apart.

This has already happened - Tyler Colvin a few years back with the Cubs.

He was on 3rd, batter's bat shattered - Colvin was coming up the line and got hit.

He put his hand on his chest and when he crossed home and moved it, blood was seeping through his jersey.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/14847072/

cjclong
06-12-2015, 03:58 PM
A wound, but not the life threatening or fatal one that is almost sure to occur with bats that don't just crack but shatter in half and fly through the air like spears.

sox83cubs84
06-12-2015, 09:55 PM
AP reported today that the fan struck by the bat has been discharged by the hospital and is entering a rehab center. Doctors have proclaimed her recovery so far as "excellent".

Dave Miedema

danesei@yahoo.com
06-14-2015, 08:41 PM
AP reported today that the fan struck by the bat has been discharged by the hospital and is entering a rehab center. Doctors have proclaimed her recovery so far as "excellent".

Dave Miedema

That's wonderful news. :)