PDA

View Full Version : Lebron throws out arm sleeve after NBA Finals game 1, thoughts?

Gopack1782
06-04-2015, 10:54 PM
After watching the end of Game 1 of the 2015 NBA Finals, something caught my eye. As Lebron James walked off the court and headed back to the locker room, he took off his yellow arm sleeve and threw it in the trashcan. I'm not sure if anyone else caught this but go figure one of us game used collectors would raise this question. What do you think that arm sleeve would have sold for? I don't collect NBA or Lebron game worn memorabilia but I'm pretty sure it would have sold for a pretty penny. If a 2014 Mother's Day Buster Posey game used arm sleeve sold for over $300, it's safe to say that Lebrons' Final's game used arm sleeve would have went for well over that price!

Did anyone else catch this?

salukidave
06-04-2015, 11:05 PM
I saw it, too. My first thought was somebody on the scene was probably going to get a call from a friend who saw it on TV.

ChrisCavalier
06-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I saw it as well. Was waiting to see if someone was going to go into the garbage to get them.

I think they would bring a nice penny, especially considering it was the Finals and LeBron had a big night. They would have been worth even more if he hit that three pointer at the end of regulation. Then again, if he hit that shot he may not have thrown out the arm sleeves :)

-Chris

Enyouartist
06-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Haha pretty much every game used collector that saw Lebron do that must have thought the same thing. Another man's trash....

Gopack1782
06-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Agreed Chris! If Lebron makes that last shot, no way does that armband make it into the trashcan! :)

yankees506
06-05-2015, 11:59 AM
I wanted to fly out there and get it myself! My initial thought was wow upper deck hasnt told him they want EVERYTHING??? Then I thought man will someone be smart enough to dig it out and take a picture of the trash can? Watching ebay for this

UTeric3232
06-05-2015, 04:11 PM
I saw that too, im sure someone grabbed that thing. I also saw Kyrie throw his jersey on the ground....someone was quick to grab that sucker for him though

joshmiller0
06-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Saw LeBron and Kyrie... was watching the game with friends and the first thing I said was man I'd love to have those! Of course they know my obsession with game used items... Kyrie's jersey will likely be on nbaauctions...

Buccaneer Madden
06-06-2015, 10:04 AM
I guess if you could get it out of the trash can for free it would be cool to have but arm sleeve wouldn't be very high on my want list for a game used item if I was paying for it.

yankees506
06-06-2015, 12:53 PM
I guess if you could get it out of the trash can for free it would be cool to have but arm sleeve wouldn't be very high on my want list for a game used item if I was paying for it.

I agree but if said band was signed and inscribed as finals used uda authentic, easy four figures

happyyoungster
06-07-2015, 08:36 AM
A similar situation happened to me many years ago...
At the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, former Bucks player Tim Thomas walked off the court and threw his personalized TT3 wristband in the garbage can (located in the tunnel) after a loss. I saw this and was able to get the attention of a young Bucks staffer walking not far behind. I told the staffer there was a wristband in the garbage and he dug it out and tossed it up to me.

Not exactly Lebron, but, a similar situation, indeed.