PDA

View Full Version : early 1970's Oakland A's jerseys in Legendary Auctions

snoodles
05-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Does anybody have any thoughts on the Oakland A's jerseys in Legendary's current auction. Specifically, this one...

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/1973_Billy_Conigliaro_Oakland_A_s_Game_Used_Comple-LOT170331.aspx

I was just curious about the Stall&Dean tagging, whereas the others from the same year/era are tagged McAuliffe.

Thanks

sox83cubs84
05-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Although I'm normally solid on anything that came from Dick Dobbins, the only photo I have of Billy Conigliaro from 1973 is in the yellow jersey with a NOB of "BILLY C". That isn't said to automatically disqualify it, but, if I were asked to do an examination, I wouldn't give a LOA unless I had unmistakeable photo evidence that he did wear a jersey with a last name NOB of that color in that season.

Dave Miedema

Bhawk2
05-28-2015, 12:26 PM
I've never seen game used jerseys or pants with any tagging but McAuliffe. I would be very interested to know if anyone has seen Stahl and Dean tagging on game jerseys.

Bhawk2
05-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Sorry - Stall & Dean. That said, the size and number stitching in the pants seems right, and I don't know why you would have that for replica pants (or why you would have replica pants anyway).