PDA

View Full Version : First member banned

Eric
12-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Everyone

I wanted to bring something to everyone's attention. The events of the last few days and the back and forth fighting in various threads have caused me to do quite a bit of editing and for the first time in 12 months- ban a forum member.

The poster in question repeatedly broke the rules by making allegations without supporting it with facts, and also fighting with others a violation of rule #3
"No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal."

This will not be tolerated. As I have said before, when those type of conversations take place here, no one wants to read it and we lose our credibility as a forum.

The rules are not suggestions, they are there to add structure, and it is not difficult to live by them.

There are others who have repeatedly been edited recently and they should take this as a warning that the same fate may find them as well.

Let's now take a breath and get back to intelligent and civil conversation.

Eric

ChrisCavalier
12-20-2005, 10:58 PM
The rules are not suggestions, they are there to add structure, and it is not difficult to live by them.

There are others who have repeatedly been edited recently and they should take this as a warning that the same fate may find them as well.

Let's now take a breath and get back to intelligent and civil conversation.
Eric-

Thank you for everything you do to allow all of us to benefit from a positive environment on the forum.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier