PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Joe Montana and Steve Young Jerseys - Opinions?

commando
05-09-2015, 07:10 PM
I picked up two 1992 49ers jerseys, as pictured. Neither shows any wear, but what do you guys think? Team issued or nice authentics? The jerseys were supposedly obtained from the Niners, and the signatures were penned right in front of the former sports producer I obtained these from.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

commando
05-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Photos of the Young jersey.

Phil316
05-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Who signed the written letter?

I ask because it could attest to the credibility of the jerseys.

sox83cubs84
05-10-2015, 06:09 PM
The sizing and location of the W on the left sleeve lead me to believe they are likely, at least team issued. However, given the plethora of questionable 49ers jerseys floating around, the more and stronger provenance, the better. Also, keep in mind that Montana only played in 1 game in 1992 (although it was in a home red jersey). Still, the chances of that one being the ONE are slim, at best.

Dave Miedema

commando
05-10-2015, 09:25 PM
The sizing and location of the W on the left sleeve lead me to believe they are likely, at least team issued. However, given the plethora of questionable 49ers jerseys floating around, the more and stronger provenance, the better. Also, keep in mind that Montana only played in 1 game in 1992 (although it was in a home red jersey). Still, the chances of that one being the ONE are slim, at best.

Dave Miedema

I agree that these would be team issued, Dave. I don't really see any wear on either one, and the tags appear to be crisp. I'll bet the team had a few extras made for the purpose of giving them out when needed.