PDA

View Full Version : Is it common for MLB players to do this?

Wrigley2010
05-03-2015, 01:39 AM
Does anyone here have knowledge of or confidence in the plausibility of a Major League Baseball player sending items he autographed back to his former Minor League Teams clubhouse or equipment manager?

godwulf
05-03-2015, 09:54 AM
I have heard of players doing this - providing signed items to a former minor league team so that they can be sold to benefit the team or charity. If that is the situation, it's very believable. On the other hand, if a team employee says that a former player sent him items for him to sell personally - I have to question the likelihood of that.

Wrigley2010
05-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Jeff, thank you for the input and I share your opinion. While I don't think the items were intended to be sold by a single individual that is what's happening. I personally have no issue with this as I have bought many items this way in the past.

godwulf
05-04-2015, 04:38 AM
I guess it's possible that a player and minor league clubhouse guy could have developed a friendship that would inspire the player to send him a few things from time to time. I dunno...I guess the likelihood of it being true would depend on what kind of things we're talking about - wristbands and GU baseballs, or jerseys and helmets.