PDA

View Full Version : Is "Authentic" a new "Game Used" term?

Swoboda4
01-12-2007, 05:51 AM
Recently I've seen a variety of sellers on ebay offer jerseys that are tagged correctly and only use the term "authentic" when describing them. This current item prompted me to ask the membership their thoughts on this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIRATES-ANDY-VAN-SLYKE-RAWLINGS-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-SET-2_W0QQitemZ270077461029QQihZ017QQcategoryZ24907QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem
We recently discussed game issued jerseys that are identical to game used ones.Is this another term to deal with and will we see this jersey as game used in the not to distant future?(Or-Is this a game used jersey and the novice seller is describing it to the best of their ability?) P.S. The word Official is also used to decribe it.

suave1477
01-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Swoboda I don't think its the new term for Game Used. The word Authentic has been used for the retail Jerseys in stores.
But from the sellers description it looks like hes trying to pass this off as being a "Very Good Authentic" hinting with a detailed description to make a possible bidder beleive it might be Game Used, but I could be wrong!!!