PDA

View Full Version : Reading Phillies Pat Austin 1991 game used jersey wanted or any team or season

VERIS#60
04-02-2015, 10:19 PM
I am looking for any game used jersey of Pat Austin. Pat played in the minor leagues for several teams at different levels. I believe he played in the systems of Detroit Tigers, Phillies and Cardinals. I purchased a Phillies jersey with Austin on a nameplate across the back sometime between 2000-04 at a thrift store in Columbus, Ohio. I immediately thought it might be a Pat Austin jersey, but quickly discredited it because I didn't think teams in the minor leagues had their names on the back. It was a home white with pinstripes and if I remember right #10. Does anyone know what number he wore in 1991 for the Reading Phillies? After owning the jersey for a few weeks I sold it on ebay for around $10. After all these years I decided to type in Reading Phillies last night on ebay and seen lots of players with names on their backs. I believe my jersey had the wide band stripe down each sleeve with the round Phillies patch on the sleeve. Those jerseys on eBay look just like mine. I only collect players from my hometown of Chillicothe, Ohio and Pat is one of them. I seen on the back of one of his cards he was born in Columbus. Perhaps his mother took his items to the thrift store there. Would love to know where that jersey went, but would be interested in anything of his game used. Thanks for any information! Bruce
Brucecaplinger@yahoo.com