PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Slugger News

godwulf
03-31-2015, 07:28 AM
I heard on the news that Wilson had acquired the Louisville Slugger brand from Hillerich and Bradsby. Reading about it, the deal is a little more complicated than that, it seems, but I guess that's essentially it. I was just wondering whether anyone had communicated with Brian about this, and whether his status/job might have changed as a result. I haven't been posting much lately, so I don't even know how active he is on the site these days.

swainer
03-31-2015, 09:58 AM
He weighed in on this thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=64124

godwulf
03-31-2015, 11:48 AM
Thanks!

I have to wonder whether the proliferation of new bat brands in MLB (and even more so in the minors) is the culprit in the company's financial difficulties. I mean, it would make sense. Forty, fifty years ago, it seems like all the big leaguers swung Louisville Sluggers; now it seems like more and more players are using Sam, Old Hickory, Axis, Marucci, etc, etc, etc. bats, and LS's are almost becoming a rarity.

BMH
04-02-2015, 09:49 PM
So we're sitting around the office and the topic of another new center brand came up. So one of my coworkers came up with these. The first one makes me laugh every time I see it.

gingi79
04-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Brian, your company in my opinion is an American institution. That third one looks fantastic! Subtle addendum, keeps all the historical class of Slugger but incorporates the new blood of Wilson. I sincerely hope the end logo looks more like that.

xpress34
04-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Wilson bought SAM Bats years ago. Not sure if they have acquired any other makers since.

BMH
04-04-2015, 07:34 AM
We are not switching the brands that I know of, this was just something done to make us laugh. Like I said, every time I see the first one I laugh.