PDA

View Full Version : New 2007 Game Used Universe Membership Programs

ChrisCavalier
01-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know we have just released our new 2007 Game Used Universe membership programs. We have worked very hard to design the programs in a way that provides unsurpassed value to our members and we are thrilled to continue our quest to empower memorabilia collectors and make the hobby a better place for everyone.

The new membership packages can be viewed on our subscription page that can be accessed through the following link:

https://www.gameuseduniverse.com/store/

While you can see all the membership benefits on the subscription page, I wanted to list a few highlights here to explain the changes from our previous memberships. They include the following:

We are now offering 3 membership types...Complimentary, Basic and Premium.
The 'Basic' Membership was added for non-bat collectors who may want access to paid areas of the site but do not want to buy Vince Malta's book or have access to the online player charts.
All paid memberships will include two FREE subscriptions to Beckett Elite (a $20 value).
Both the 'Basic' and 'Premium" Memberships have a $19.95/year renewal rate.
We are also now offering Vince Malta's book as a stand-alone product.
Given a number of factors including the book's production cost, Vince Malta has decided to change the retail cost of the book to $39.95 (GUU had no involvement in determining the book's cover price).Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the new 2007 membership packages. Once again, we are delighted to offer these membership programs in an effort to show we were created for the benefit of the collecting community.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
Office - 925.552.8023
Cell - 925.413.1429

sammy
01-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi Chris,

Is this book ready for purchase?

We are also now offering Vince Malta's book as a stand-alone product.

Given a number of factors including the book's production cost, Vince Malta has decided to change the retail cost of the book to $39.95 (GUU had no involvement in determining the book's cover price).

ChrisCavalier
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Chris,

Is this book ready for purchase?
Hello Sammy,

Thanks for the question. As stated on the subscription page (it is listed on the 'Book Only Offer' section), we have been given an expected release date of February 2007. In the last update we received, the publisher was in the final stages of the proofing. When that is completed it is sent to the printers for publication.

In addition, I received an email right before the holidays stating the proofing was supposed to be finished at the beginning of January and the printing was supposed to take around 30 days. I have sent an email to Vince and the publisher to confirm the timing and I will let everyone know when I hear back from them.

I hope that answers your question and I will provide any updates as soon as I receive them.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

kylehess10
01-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I've tried contacting you a few times about this but haven't recieved a response yet so I guess I'll try here........

Am I still able to add jersey's to the jersey database? I ofcoarse know that the contest is over but I thought I'd add some more to the database. I entered a new one about a month ago but it still hasn't been validated so I thought I'd check first before entering a few more.

Also, about the membership, do you still offer the free game used bat authentication from GAI? And if so, which membership is it included in?

ChrisCavalier
01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
I've tried contacting you a few times about this but haven't recieved a response yet so I guess I'll try here........

Am I still able to add jersey's to the jersey database? I ofcoarse know that the contest is over but I thought I'd add some more to the database. I entered a new one about a month ago but it still hasn't been validated so I thought I'd check first before entering a few more.

Also, about the membership, do you still offer the free game used bat authentication from GAI? And if so, which membership is it included in?
Hello Kyle,

First of all, I would like to apologize if you did not receive a response to your question via email. We actually receive a lot of requests for information and have a few people replying to them. However, the ultimate responsibility lies with me for making sure every request gets answered so please accept my personal apology if you did not receive one.

As for your question about the jersey database, please note that the database is there to help the collecting community. We ran the contest to get things started but we are hoping to build the database on a continuous basis. In fact, we are working on a few things now that should enable us to add more images to help collectors. Therefore, please feel free to add as many jerseys as you like and I will follow up with the evaluators to make sure they get looked at.

Regarding your question about the free GAI authentication, as per the subscription page that was a 'Limited Time Offer' for paid memberships that has now been replaced by the 2 free issues of Beckett Elite.

Please feel free to let me know if that answers your questions and thank you for your interest in adding to the jersey database to help out your fellow collectors.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

kylehess10
01-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Hello Kyle,

First of all, I would like to apologize if you did not receive a response to your question via email. We actually receive a lot of requests for information and have a few people replying to them. However, the ultimate responsibility lies with me for making sure every request gets answered so please accept my personal apology if you did not receive one.

As for your question about the jersey database, please note that the database is there to help the collecting community. We ran the contest to get things started but we are hoping to build the database on a continuous basis. In fact, we are working on a few things now that should enable us to add more images to help collectors. Therefore, please feel free to add as many jerseys as you like and I will follow up with the evaluators to make sure they get looked at.

Regarding your question about the free GAI authentication, as per the subscription page that was a 'Limited Time Offer' for paid memberships that has now been replaced by the 2 free issues of Beckett Elite.

Please feel free to let me know if that answers your questions and thank you for your interest in adding to the jersey database to help out your fellow collectors.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

Thank you very much!! As soon as I get home from school (where I'm at right now), I'll add the rest of the jersey's I have

kylehess10
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I just added 3 jersey's (totaling 4). Thanks!!