PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal: Am I lucky or are they faster?

sox83cubs84
03-22-2015, 09:48 PM
In the past, when I would transfer funds from Pay Pal to my checking account, while they advertised a 3-5 day wait, it was normally a 2-3 day delay, better than advertised, so I was good with that.

However, in my last five money transfers, the funds have been available in my checking account THE NEXT DAY! Obviously I'm thrilled, and this isn't a gripe session...I'm just curious if other GUU readers have also had the same quicker transfers, or if I'm just being watched over by good karma. Thoughts?

Dave Miedema

Wrigley2010
03-22-2015, 10:04 PM
Dave,

My last three PayPal with-drawls have all taken the standard 3-5 days. With the last with-drawl coming near the end of February so it's possible something has changed recently. I'm betting it's just "good karma" like you stated ;).

Cheers,
Joe

seanbaseball
03-22-2015, 10:33 PM
I also am at the 2-3 days

Samets
03-23-2015, 05:44 AM
About the same as everyone else.

Withdrew money on March 19th and it popped in this am.

earlywynnfan
03-23-2015, 02:58 PM
I seem to be getting mine a little faster than in the past, just a day or two.

ferro39
03-23-2015, 07:52 PM
i got an email a few weeks ago explaining that certain banks would be transferring the money faster--as soon as 24 hours--where as it usually took 2-3 business days.

to be honest, i havent checked

sportsnbikes
03-23-2015, 09:47 PM
I think a lot of it depends on which bank you use. I get mine the next day and I use Bank of America.

sox83cubs84
03-23-2015, 09:56 PM
I think a lot of it depends on which bank you use. I get mine the next day and I use Bank of America.

That could well be, although I've used the same bank account (PNC) ever since I signed up for PayPal. Either Pay Pal has sped up its transactions with PNC or PNC itself has been processing it more quickly on their end. Either way, it's a nice change.:)

Dave M.

danesei@yahoo.com
03-24-2015, 02:12 AM
My bank will post the funds 48 hours after Paypal posts that they've been received by my bank. :D

bgold
03-24-2015, 12:36 PM
In the past, when I would transfer funds from Pay Pal to my checking account, while they advertised a 3-5 day wait, it was normally a 2-3 day delay, better than advertised, so I was good with that.

However, in my last five money transfers, the funds have been available in my checking account THE NEXT DAY! Obviously I'm thrilled, and this isn't a gripe session...I'm just curious if other GUU readers have also had the same quicker transfers, or if I'm just being watched over by good karma. Thoughts?

Dave Miedema

Received a payment via paypal on Saturday 3/21 afternoon, transferred to my bank account soon after, money was in my account Monday 3/23 morning!

It may be a glitch, but if the speedy transfers continue I will be very pleased!

Only thing I can think of is paypal tightening their marketplace share, probably due to competition, lots of banking apps and payment apps popping up..

danesei@yahoo.com
03-31-2015, 03:12 PM
Also confirming Paypal transfer took one business day (submitted Friday, arrived Monday).