PDA

View Full Version : Batting Helmet Help- 80's Phillies St. Patty's Day

henson1855
03-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Has anyone seen a green Phillies St. Patty's day helmet, or remember seeing them used back in the 80's? I own a Reds St. Patty's day helmet and can find a few on the internet but I cannot find any other Phillies.

Retired Old Guy
03-19-2015, 04:09 PM
I collect Phillies helmets. I don't recall seeing a green one, but that was a few years ago. What can you tell me about the one pictured? Could you post any pics of the inside of the helmet? The year it was made might give a clue to narrow the search.

ROG

henson1855
03-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Hi Rog,I have had the helmet for a few years, I bought it as a part of a lot with several 80's Orioles helmets. I have never been able to verify these were used, I know they used green jerseys though. Here are a few pics of the date wheel and tagging, thanks for your reply, Mike

Retired Old Guy
03-21-2015, 09:25 AM
I looked at your pics with the wrong glasses on. Tough getting old lol. Its a dotted wheel inside the helmet. Nobody seems to know how to read that wheel so that's out as to identifying the year. I would be interested in the helmet if available. If its not, I'll still try to help finding the year possibly with the style of the p.

ROG

ironmanfan
03-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Hunt Auctions is auctioning off a Larry Anderson St. Patrick's Day uniform from 1986, so they most likley wore them in that time period:

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=49&lot_num=88&lot_qual=

sox83cubs84
03-21-2015, 10:15 PM
Hunt Auctions is auctioning off a Larry Anderson St. Patrick's Day uniform from 1986, so they most likley wore them in that time period:

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=49&lot_num=88&lot_qual=

In '86ST the Phillies wore actual game jerseys with green letters, numbers, and pinstripes made by Wilson, These were full-quality game jerseys (like the late 1970s/early 1980s Rawlings-made Reds), not the BP styles that are far more prevelant since then.

Dave Miedema

henson1855
03-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Thanks everyone for chiming in. It is the only one I have seen, I don't even know if the Phillies even used these but I will hold on to it and see if another turns up someday.