PDA

View Full Version : Was this a mistake?

sek122482
03-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Just saw this as a sold item on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Johnny-Manziel-Cleveland-Browns-White-Game-Used-Jersey-November-Item-5301438-/231448733358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e36b66ae&nma=true&si=6Sow%252FBG49B4gPh8lSZBYw9EY6dw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Seems odd that fanatics would discount it this much based on their other jerseys and their high prices on most game used items. Maybe it was a mistake?

KGoldin
03-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Has to be an error wow

chakes89
03-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Still not worth it. lol

cliffjmp33
03-11-2015, 02:49 PM
I caught Fanatics in a similar SNAFU as I bought 3 team-signed baseballs well under priced in the Fall. Paid immediately and then got a refund the following day saying the price was listed incorrectly. The positive is they offered me a couple $ to use on their main site and ended up picking up a hat to wear in the end without it costing anything.

Hope this buyer ends up a little luckier than I though! (But I doubt it)

gorilla777
03-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Yes, that was a mistake for Cleveland to draft him ;)

truvalue123
03-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Did anyone check out the jersey prices that they have listed? Absurd. Danger of these teams aligning with this new behemoth called Fanatics...they have grown too far too fast, and, have lost reality of what proper retails are on a lot of items...

suicide_squeeze
03-11-2015, 05:52 PM
At least Fanatics has their conglomerate running like a fine tuned machine!!

jojac
03-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Another thing that gets me with Fanatics/ Sports Memorabilia is that some of the game used items they have posted don't seem to be products that they have in their possession. I see bats from Zane Bats ebay listing and JT Sports bats listed on Fanatics site but they add a premium to the price. JT Sports had a Yaz bat listed and when you went to Fanatics/ Sports Memorabilia they had the same bat listed but the price was something like a thousand dollars more than JT.
Looks like they post some items from other companies and if you decide to buy it then they purchase it from the original seller and sell to you with their premium added.

xsentrixsupra
03-11-2015, 08:47 PM
It was probably an error, but probably not that far off. The whole Manziel bandwagon has come to a screeching halt, especially now that he's in rehab........

DTM5
03-12-2015, 01:30 PM
I am glad this topic/company has been brought up on this post. I am new to the hobby and just had my first run in with this company some months back and red flags went up everywhere. I was looking to obtain a game used bat from a player and found one listed on sportsmemorabillia.com for an astounding $5,000.00. Even being new to the hobby, I had done my homework and knew this was absurd. I wrote emails to the company giving them a much lower reasonable offer which got declined. I then received calls from "greasy" salesmen trying to sell me the bat. I flat out told them that they were looking for a unicorn/dumb buyer to pay that price.

I then made an offer to a previous buyer on an auction house website for a bat, and then received a counter offer. Before I accepted the offer, I emailed the "greasy salesman" stating I received a much lower offer from a reputable auction house and could he match it. I kid you not, after that email was sent about my counteroffer all of a sudden that players bats on the auction site had offers placed on them. Coincidence, I think not? When the salesmen called me back I replied "nice job trying to play defense." The salesman was clearly flustered and ended the call quickly. The bat was then moved from that website and was listed on FANATICS website for the same absurd price. I take it these are sister companies???? I did some research and some of the sales team as worked for Steiner memorabilia as well. Sounds all waaayyyy to interconnected if you ask me??? Maybe I am just too new to the hobby, but my red flags were going up everywhere.

I too have seen many listings that are on ebay show up on their site. I assume as the previous post suggest, they just then purchase the item and jack the price up. If something looks fishy and smells fishy, it probably is fishy.

Dawg Pound
03-12-2015, 04:07 PM
I hate when companies advertise jerseys as "game used" when the player never made the field. In my opinion the player has to hit the field for it to be "game used" or "game worn".

sportsnbikes
03-14-2015, 10:31 AM
I am glad this topic/company has been brought up on this post. I am new to the hobby and just had my first run in with this company some months back and red flags went up everywhere. I was looking to obtain a game used bat from a player and found one listed on sportsmemorabillia.com for an astounding $5,000.00. Even being new to the hobby, I had done my homework and knew this was absurd. I wrote emails to the company giving them a much lower reasonable offer which got declined. I then received calls from "greasy" salesmen trying to sell me the bat. I flat out told them that they were looking for a unicorn/dumb buyer to pay that price.

I then made an offer to a previous buyer on an auction house website for a bat, and then received a counter offer. Before I accepted the offer, I emailed the "greasy salesman" stating I received a much lower offer from a reputable auction house and could he match it. I kid you not, after that email was sent about my counteroffer all of a sudden that players bats on the auction site had offers placed on them. Coincidence, I think not? When the salesmen called me back I replied "nice job trying to play defense." The salesman was clearly flustered and ended the call quickly. The bat was then moved from that website and was listed on FANATICS website for the same absurd price. I take it these are sister companies???? I did some research and some of the sales team as worked for Steiner memorabilia as well. Sounds all waaayyyy to interconnected if you ask me??? Maybe I am just too new to the hobby, but my red flags were going up everywhere.

I too have seen many listings that are on ebay show up on their site. I assume as the previous post suggest, they just then purchase the item and jack the price up. If something looks fishy and smells fishy, it probably is fishy.

This practice is somewhat common these days. Many stores/memorabilia companies do it. Sears has even gotten in on the act.