PDA

View Full Version : Jewish Baseball Player Memorabilia Wanted

yankeepirate
01-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I am a long-time collector of Jewish baseball player memorabilia. Currently, I am trying to find game used or issued bats for Cal Abrams, Norm Miller, Skip Jutze and Milt Galatzer.

I also would be interested in hearing about other available bats, jerseys or any other Jewish ballplayer memorabilia that you might want to sell or trade.

I have some Jewish ballplayer bats and jerseys to trade but, in general, I am looking to purchase additional items for my collection.

Thanks much for reading this post, and I hope you can help.

If you have any question about who is a Jewish ballplayer, take a look at www.jewishmajorleaguers.org.

You may contact me at goldstein@goldlaw.com. Thanks.

-Howard

Vintagedeputy
01-09-2007, 10:19 PM
I have a Cal Abrams auto'd 8x10 that I might be convinced into selling

Randarino
01-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Knowing Howard well, he doesn't purchase autographed photos, as he prefers obtaining all autographed items personally.

yankeepirate
01-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks, but as Randarino said, I generally don't buy autographed 8x10's. Besides, I was lucky enough to get one signed by Cal personally years ago. Thanks anyway for the reply, and please keep me in mind. -Howard

allstarsplus
01-10-2007, 08:52 AM
If you have any question about who is a Jewish ballplayer, take a look at www.jewishmajorleaguers.org (http://www.jewishmajorleaguers.org).

You may contact me at goldstein@goldlaw.com. Thanks.

-HowardWhen you look at Hank Greenberg's career and the fact he holds the pre-steroid record for 58 HRs in a season for a right handed batter while playing in 155 games, most don't realize he lost over 4 full seasons to World War II.

Based on his 44 HRs after his 1st full year back after the war, it becomes evident that he would have been a 500 HR Club member, and in my opinion has to be considered one of the greatest HR hitters in MLB history as well as being a pioneer along the lines of Jackie Robinson.

The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg DVD is a must see.
http://www.amazon.com/Life-Times-Hank-Greenberg/dp/B00005NTOI

Andrew

TNTtoys
01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
There is probably a lot of Shawn Green memorabilia floating around, since Steiner started marketing all of the Mets gear. I have been given several inventory sheets this week, and I am certain there are Shawn Green items on them.

Also -- you may be in luck with finding Schoenweis items, as he just signed with the Mets. Speaking of Schoenweis, I believe BPH had a nice 1985 style TBTC jersey of his from a few years back.

yankeepirate
01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
One of you was nice enough to email me yesterday about a very interesting Dodger item. Unfortunately, I accidentally erased the email and cannot retrieve it. Would you please email me again, as I am very interested in speaking with you about it. Thanks so much, and sorry for the bother. -Howard

goldstein@goldlaw.com

Randarino
01-22-2007, 04:08 PM
I might be able to pickup a Norm Miller jersey if you are interested

yankeepirate
02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
A special thanks to everyone who has emailed me with tips on acquiring Jewish baseball player items. I'm still looking, so please keep thos cards and letters coming!

Howard
goldstein@goldlaw.com

yankeepirate
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Haven't heard from anyone lately about my continuing search for Jewish ballplayer memorabilia. I just know there must be some items in which I would be interested which is just sitting in your closets or attic gathering dust. Let me hear from you and hopefully I can turn your unwanted stuff into cash or a great trade. Thanks.

-Howard
goldstein@goldlaw.com

hblakewolf
03-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Howard-
I have a nice Ruben Amaro Jr. Phillies Turn Back the Clock outfit. any interest?

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

TNTtoys
03-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Howard,

Do any of these 2006 Shawn Green items interest you:

Game used black batting helmet
Game used cage jacket
Game used light jacket (1/2 zip)
Game used light jacket (full zip)
Locker Room Name plate

I was offered these items in an end of year Mets liquidation within the past couple of weeks and some possibly are still available. I can find out for you. Let me know.

Nick
TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

yankeepirate
03-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Howard-
I have a nice Ruben Amaro Jr. Phillies Turn Back the Clock outfit. any interest?

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net
Which TBC event is it from? I understand there were 2 different ones in 2 consecutive years. Is it the road or the home? Can you send me a scan? What is your price? Sorry for all the questions.
-Howard
Please reply to goldstein@goldlaw.com, since I often forget to check this thread.

hblakewolf
03-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Howard-
The Amaro is the 1949 style worn in 1992. It is white button-down with PHILLIES sewn on front in red and blue felt. Matching 33 on back. Signed perfectly on front. Matching pants have strip tag with the date and NOSTALGIA GAME SPECIAL inside. I also have his spikes from the game. I may have the hat and stirrups, but may be mixing it up with my 1993 TBTC Incaviglia outfit. Whatever was issued at the Phillies auction, I'll include. I paid $1,200 and am open to all reasonable offers.

I also have a nice all original Phillies road 1950's Saul Rogovin with pants, belt and stirrups. SIMPLY PERFECT!!!! Again, open to all offers.

All the best,
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

yankeepirate
03-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Just wanted to thank everybody who has been kind enough to contact me about some terrific Jewish ballplayer items.

Please continue to keep me posted on any more such items which you happen to come across.

Many thanks.

-Howard G.

yankeepirate
05-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Haven't heard from any of you good folks in too long, so thought I would renew the thread to remind you of my interest in obtaining Jewish ballplayer memorabilia.

Some of you must have some interesting Jewish ballplayer memorabilia which would look great in my collection, and that is just taking up space in yours. If so, and you can use some money to spend on other things better suited to your collection, please let me hear from you.

Current Jewish ballplayers include: Shawn Green, Jason Marquis, Kevin Youkilis, Jason Hirsh, Craig Breslow, David Newhan, Mike Lieberthal, Brad Ausmus, Ian Kinsler, Scott Feldman, John Grabow, Scott Schoeneweis, Adam Stern, Ryan Braun and (hopefully) Adam Greenberg.

Contact me at goldstein@goldlaw.com. Thanks.

-Howard

yankeepirate
08-14-2007, 04:02 PM
In my never-ending quest to collect the memorabilia of Jewish ballplayers, in order to eventually contribute to a museum exhibit on the role of Jews in baseball, I again ask whether any of you might have any items that you would like to sell or trade.

As I mentioned previously, the current Jewish ballplayers are as follows;
Shawn Green, Jason Marquis, Kevin Youkilis, Jason Hirsh, Craig Breslow, David Newhan, Mike Lieberthal, Brad Ausmus, Ian Kinsler, Scott Feldman, John Grabow, Scott Schoeneweis, Adam Stern, Ryan Braun and (hopefully) Adam Greenberg.

I of course am also interested in any of the past Jewish ballplayers. For a complete list of those players, check out jewishmajorleaguers.org.

It is best to reply to me at goldstein@goldlaw.com.

Thanks so much.

-Howard

yankeepirate
11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
As the holiday season quickly approaches, and bills mount, I thought I would inquire once more about whether any of you folks have any Jewish baseball player memorabilia that you would like to cash in, or trade.

If so, please contact me at goldstein@goldlaw.com, rather than posting a response on GUU.

For a list of the current or former Jewish baseball players, see my previous posts below.

Thanks very much, and I wish all my fellow collectors a very healthy and happy holiday, and New Year.

-Howard