PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on autographs in programs

fredskinz
02-27-2015, 11:24 PM
[SIZE="4"]I am completing a set of autographs which I'd like to frame and I've run into an issue. Two of the autographs are inside vintage football programs. One is on the back cover but is the only autograph in the program. The second is inside a program signed by literally the entire team. Both of the autographs are extremely rare and I haven't seen another for years.

My question is whether it is better to leave them in the program or cut them out to fit my frame? Just looking for opinions from guys who have run across the same issue.

Thanks!

Fred

Skizzick
03-01-2015, 11:06 AM
It depends on how much you really want to display these. When cutting autographs out of something, be it a program or a cheque, you always run the risk of damaging it. Personally, if the autograph was inside the program and not on the front, I'd leave it in there. Having it in the program also adds some historical context to it anyway.

Who is this autograph of?

fredskinz
03-01-2015, 02:00 PM
They're of the Lud Wray and Lone Star Dietz, who are the first two head coaches in Redskins history. Neither program is related to the Redskins in any way.

The Wray auto is inside a 1950 college program which is signed by the entire Villanova football team. Wray was an assistant.

Dietz signed the back cover of a 1939 program between Albright & Gettysburg, not a classic matchup either.

I think I can cut the Dietz and leave the Wray.