PDA

View Full Version : Help with 1976 Red Sox minor league Jersey

RJB44
02-25-2015, 10:10 PM
I have a 1976 McAuliffe jersey that was used in the Red Sox minor leagues. I am trying to determine what team may have used these jerseys. I know it was not used with the Boston club, as it is light gray in color and has RED SOX across the front. The major League club road grays had BOSTON. The letters across the front of this jersey are all original. I had the number 23 professionally restored. There is no evidence of any previous shoulder patches.

The 1976 Boston Red Sox Minor League Affiliates were:

Elmira Pioneers
Winston-Salem Red Sox
Bristol Red Sox
Rhode Island Red Sox
Winter Haven Red Sox
FIL Red Sox

Based on my limited research, it appears like Elmira, Winston Salem, and Bristol wore McAuliffes during the mid 70s through early 80s. Perhaps all of the affiliates wore McAuliffes during that period and therefore not possible to associate with a particular club. Although, I do believe some of the teams at some point were using recycled jerseys from Boston. I also know the Pawtucket Red Sox used similar jerseys in the early 80s, however they were Wilson and had PAWSOX across the front. The Winston Salem Manager photo is from 1973 and the Elmira Pitcher is from 1979.

I appreciate your help.
RJB

RJB44
02-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Bristol Red Sox 1975