PDA

View Full Version : Bat Photomatch - Yan Gomes

Stites241
02-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Long time reader/new poster here. Let me first say a big thank you to all the forum members for sharing your collections and insight and encouraging me to venture into the GU arena of collecting. I'm thankful for all I've learned as a reader and and happy to now be a member and to start contributing knowledge where I can.

I'm hoping that someone might be able to assist me with a photomatch. I recently purchased my first GU bat used by Yan Gomes, authenticated on June 30, 2014 vs. LAD. I've found some short clips from the game, but nothing clear, and image searches haven't yielded any good results. Would anyone with access to the video archive be able to see if a decent angle exists? I believe it may have been cracked in the 8th inning, but not certain. Thanks in advance!

sportsnbikes
02-20-2015, 06:59 PM
Long time reader/new poster here. Let me first say a big thank you to all the forum members for sharing your collections and insight and encouraging me to venture into the GU arena of collecting. I'm thankful for all I've learned as a reader and and happy to now be a member and to start contributing knowledge where I can.

I'm hoping that someone might be able to assist me with a photomatch. I recently purchased my first GU bat used by Yan Gomes, authenticated on June 30, 2014 vs. LAD. I've found some short clips from the game, but nothing clear, and image searches haven't yielded any good results. Would anyone with access to the video archive be able to see if a decent angle exists? I believe it may have been cracked in the 8th inning, but not certain. Thanks in advance!

I'll run through the game really quick.

sportsnbikes
02-20-2015, 07:51 PM
I can't even find this bat.

In the 3rd inning he used a Marucci.

In the 5th inning he used this SSK but to me it doesn't look like a match. Your bat doesn't have the marks to the left of his name.

In the 8th inning, he used a MAX Bat.

Stites241
02-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Hmm, sounds like I need to do some further digging. Thank you very much for looking, I appreciate it!

diamond
02-21-2015, 12:09 AM
Here is your bat match, took me under 5 mins to photomatch... You can see that one identifying mark circled in red!! Also take a peek at the bottom of your bat's handle to make sure it matches up!!!

CHEERS!!

sportsnbikes
02-21-2015, 12:13 AM
Hey I have a question. How do you get the pause to be so clear? Anytime I pause mid-swing, it's always super blurry.

In the case of this bat, which date did you find the bat on?

diamond
02-21-2015, 12:17 AM
Also here is a picture of the slugger!!!

PS This picture is prior to March 2014.... So maybe he was using the bat on and off until it broke....

esigs
02-21-2015, 09:40 AM

Nice bat!

Stites241
02-21-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks for assisting, everyone. I did some more searching on other dates and came across this one, a decent shot from 5/31 a month before it was authenticated.