PDA

View Full Version : Price Guide

MReamer66
02-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Is there a resource that gives a collector an idea of what they should be paying for their GU items? I understand there a variables but it seems there are so many examples of from one extreme to the other.

Here's an example: I have been browsing Joe Montana game worn jerseys and I've seen them priced anywhere from $1,700 to $36,000!

I'm not trying to complain but I am still fresh to the hobby and could use some pointers on fair pricing, I don't want to get ripped off but I also don't want to low ball people.

Thanks for any input :D

danesei@yahoo.com
02-18-2015, 03:32 PM
No real guide, so much as guidelines. The Montana jersey example is a good one. A jersey with multiple game or SB photo matches would be five-figures, while a jersey with "some use" and no sign of alteration might be worth $800-$1500.

MReamer66
02-19-2015, 02:22 PM
No real guide, so much as guidelines. The Montana jersey example is a good one. A jersey with multiple game or SB photo matches would be five-figures, while a jersey with "some use" and no sign of alteration might be worth $800-$1500.

Thanks for the info! If I could find one for that price I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

This site really is such a good resource for someone such as myself. I love this hobby but I think I enjoy learning the in's and out's of it more than the collecting.