PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez Help

3arod13
02-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Working on putting together a chronological order of Alex Rodriguez signatures from 1992 to present. Looking for early signatures that he also included the date or year next to his signature (like the picture below) from 1993-1998. Want to post this online for those collectors who collect his signature, for them to compare.

Also looking for any sites that have archived auctions where I may find some. Heritage auctions has an archive section, so I was able to get some really nice early dated signature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3arod13
02-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Just getting started, but this is what it will look like. It will show more examples of each year.

dplettn
02-09-2015, 01:49 PM
We all have our own players we collect. Thematically, I really find the presentation of this thread attractive. "Special" signed items of the player in chronological order. I could see enjoying threads of multiple players presented in similar fashion. Having similar special items, each signed and inscribed by Aroldis Chapman you got my attention. Kind of tracks their career...

Is it your intent to keep the items in chronological order to use only? Or are you also tracking when they were signed and inscribed? I literally keep track of when items are signed and inscribed, but I thought I was the only one so obsessive to do such a thing.

3arod13
02-09-2015, 01:59 PM
We all have our own players we collect. Thematically, I really find the presentation of this thread attractive. "Special" signed items of the player in chronological order. I could see enjoying threads of multiple players presented in similar fashion. Having similar special items, each signed and inscribed by Aroldis Chapman you got my attention. Kind of tracks their career...

Is it your intent to keep the items in chronological order to use only? Or are you also tracking when they were signed and inscribed? I literally keep track of when items are signed and inscribed, but I thought I was the only one so obsessive to do such a thing.

I came across McGwire.com website, who did a great job in breaking down McGwire's signature year-by-year. So I thought I would do the same for Arod and help other Arod collectors.

I'm wanting to ensure the signatures year-by-year were signed in those years, as I have found that some were signed in later years, with an earlier year added. I'm very familiar with Arod signatures from 1992 to present, as I have studied and followed the many changes he has made over the year. More difficult to find the earlier signatures (1992-1996), but I have found some pretty nice ones so far.

I'm working on another project like this for Game Used Memorabilia (bats, cleats, jerseys, etc.).

3arod13
02-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Something interesting I found about Arod's earlier signatures. He added a period after either his signature, the inscription, and sometimes both (as shown in my examples). He did this pretty consistently between 1993 to 1997, but not always in 1996 and 1997.

Nnunnari
02-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Check my website for an early '94 large rookie signature. Feel free to use the pic.

3arod13
02-10-2015, 07:46 AM
Check my website for an early '94 large rookie signature. Feel free to use the pic.

Nick,

Thanks! I got a pic of that signature when the seller you got it from had it posted. My focus right now is any signature from 1992-1995.

Appreciate the help. Once done, this will help other collectors.

3arod13
02-10-2015, 07:46 AM

BTW, you have some awesome bats!!!

MikeKam
02-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Here's a 93 ball I have.

3arod13
02-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Here's a 93 ball I have.

Thanks!!!