PDA

View Full Version : Japanese collectors

onlyalbert
02-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Does anyone have any contacts of baseball collectors in Japan/Far East? I have acquired some interesting So Taguchi items that may be of interest to them. Thanks for the help.

oyhhyo
02-06-2015, 03:13 PM
http://bit.ly/1vwsF2Y

The best way is to use the Yahoo Japan Auction.. All Japanese collectors always visit this place.

Does anyone have any contacts of baseball collectors in Japan/Far East? I have acquired some interesting So Taguchi items that may be of interest to them. Thanks for the help.

onlyalbert
02-06-2015, 04:43 PM
http://bit.ly/1vwsF2Y

The best way is to use the Yahoo Japan Auction.. All Japanese collectors always visit this place.

That is very cool. Can you drop me an email below? I have a few questions about it. Thanks.

Misha
02-07-2015, 03:31 AM
I live in Tokyo. You cannot sell on Yahoo Japan Auction unless you have a Japanese address. In addition, everyone pays by bank transfer, so you need a Japanese bank account. Of course, this is in addition to being able to write everything in Japanese and deal with the site in Japanese. It's quite a pain actually.

danesei@yahoo.com
02-07-2015, 05:32 AM
I live in Tokyo. You cannot sell on Yahoo Japan Auction unless you have a Japanese address. In addition, everyone pays by bank transfer, so you need a Japanese bank account. Of course, this is in addition to being able to write everything in Japanese and deal with the site in Japanese. It's quite a pain actually.

Correct. It's possible to buy outside Japan, but you end up having to go through Buyee, which is basically a third party, it seems, that will forward the purchase to you.

onlyalbert
02-07-2015, 11:15 PM
That all sounds like a bit of hassle. Maybe someone will see this thread. Cool items though.

Wrigley2010
02-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Jason, for what it's worth I have sold a few items on eBay that shipped to Japan via a broker. The ones I recall selling to a Japanese buyer were a Wladimir Balentein autographed bat and one of his game used bats. The bats were from his time in MLB but sold right after he broke Sadaharu Oh's NPB single season home run record.

I'm sorry but I can't recall the eBay user ID but when I contacted them they told they specialized in purchasing items for buyers in Japan and handled all the international shipping duties. I do know they had a high feedback number so they were definitely doing a lot of brokering business. So eBay may be an option, unless you've already tried it.

danesei@yahoo.com
02-08-2015, 01:21 AM
Perhaps you could post what you have for sale in the C2C section.

Misha
02-08-2015, 07:22 AM
I agree with the ebay advice. Serious collectors here in Japan will know about and buy from ebay. Since we all pay by PayPal, the only issue for Japanese buyers on ebay is whether or not the seller ships out of the USA. The same goes for high end AH stuff too.

I check out Yahoo Auctions Japan myself from time to time, but 99.9999% of the GU stuff is so totally overpriced it's a waste of time. It's stuff that was probably first bought in the states then trying to be flipped here. $30,000 for a Tadano Indians signed jersey?? WTH!? (No bidders by the way)

Brandon's Bats
02-11-2015, 10:54 PM

Contact Brent from Millcreek Sports and tell him Mike from Brownsville sent you his way. They have a lot of contacts in Japan as they sell all Ichiro items direct.