PDA

View Full Version : Fanatics Authentic Steelers Items

snick33
02-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Wanted to share my pickups and see if anyone else got anything from this past season.

2014 Stephon Tuitt Rookie Home Jersey and Helmet. Jersey looks to be worn all season. Helmet was worn the last few games and photo matches to the Playoff game.

steelerman_7
02-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Awesome looking Tuitt jersey and helmet! I am hoping he and Cam Heyward turn out to be the next Brett Keisel and Aaron Smith and are a force for years to come for the black and gold!

Chris78
02-05-2015, 06:54 PM
How much were the jerseys and how much were the helmets? Thanks for any insight.

Chris

Gopack1782
02-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Awesome pickups!! Hoping they get in stuff from the 2013 season!!

DarronMarkwood
02-05-2015, 08:10 PM
I ended up picking up Lawrence Timmons' gloves from the New Orleans Saints game when I went to a game earlier this year. Picked them up for $175 for the pair and they show much use and a few blood stains. smcomstore (seller on ebay) is selling a lot of the game used stuff from last season. I've seen jerseys, cleats and gloves up there from a lot of different players. Gloves starting at $200 with a Heath pair for $300. Cleats around $300 for Archer and Wheaton. Jerseys are around $900 starting price for players up to $1,200.

EA884
02-05-2015, 09:56 PM
There are over 20 game used Steelers helmets from the 2014 season on sportsmemorabilia.com. They range in price from $1300 to $1800. They also have several of the lids listed on eBay with a Buy It Now option.

Gopack1782
02-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Wow talk about flooding the market!

snick33
02-06-2015, 05:19 PM
They also added Practice jerseys today. Let me just say prices are high but they did work with me.

chakes89
02-07-2015, 01:56 AM
The Fanatics main website has a lot of Steelers game used as well but it's probably all the same stuff.

And if any of you have a Discover card, they are running a 20% off deal with Fanatics.com right now if you find the deal online, link through Discover.com and use your Discover card to complete the transaction.

Even then, it's still overpriced but it's still something.

snick33
02-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Over half the stuff disappeared on eBay last night. I didn't think it would sell that quick. Almost looks like a dealer bought a lot. But how can you mark up those prices even more?

G1X
02-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Not meaning to be critical of anyone's pricing, but I was greatly disappointed to see the price of the player I was interested in obtaining. He played in one regular-season game, and the game was on the road where the Steelers wore white (the jersey for sale was black). Priced at a grand, I could not justify that kind of money. I made an offer on the jersey at a price that I thought was reasonable considering that the jersey was never actually worn in a regular-season game. My offer was rejected, but I will say that they were very courteous and professional in our communications.

The jersey is no longer on their website, so I guess that it sold. Having recently purchased 2 hard-to-find durene NFL jerseys that are close to 50 years old at a combined price of about half of the asking price of a current Steelers player who has played in only one regular-season NFL game (and didn't wear the jersey in that game), I have to wonder where the hobby is heading if this is any indication of what a jersey will cost. This also makes me pause to think that perhaps the hobby has passed me by, at least from the standpoint of collecting current-era jerseys. I hope not . . .

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for 1974/75 World Football League uniforms.

jhunt28
02-07-2015, 07:52 PM
What were the prices of these helmets on the Fanatics Authentics site? Any idea? Because the Ebay prices are ridiculous. I have tried asking them for a more reasonable price, and all I receive in response is "we will not be allowing people to know our bottom price, please make an offer"...

This feels like JO Sports II. The silly thing is that when I am offered a Keyshawn Johnson Jets helmet for $500, and Fanatics Authentics finds a $450 offer insulting for a guy who barely saw the field, I don't know where to go next?

Has anyone had any luck with this company?

perlman9
02-08-2015, 06:32 AM
Looks like the reseller already has some on ebay. But as for pricing, the day after a Hoyer Brows sold on NFL auctions (I missed it) offered them $50 more than the NFL price which was right around $500. I was quickly declined. I am not sure who is going to pay $2300 for a Hoyer jersey? Sheesh.

snick33
02-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Wow I think we all agree the prices from Fanatics are high. But I got a great laugh this morning. I woke up checked ebay. Mitchells and Wheatons lids were both reposted for double! Also a few other items from the same seller that are marked up.

jhunt28
02-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Wow I think we all agree the prices from Fanatics are high. But I got a great laugh this morning. I woke up checked ebay. Mitchells and Wheatons lids were both reposted for double! Also a few other items from the same seller that are marked up.

Would you mind giving a ballpark of what you paid for your steelers helmet from these guys? If it's over 1k, I will leave it alone...

snick33
02-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Would you mind giving a ballpark of what you paid for your steelers helmet from these guys? If it's over 1k, I will leave it alone...

Right at that.

G1X
02-08-2015, 11:46 AM
I saw where they listed a number of practice jerseys. The player of interest to me is an offensive linemen. I was thinking that the Steelers offensive players wore white, and the defensive players wore gold at practice and mini-camp in 2014.

Regardless, there is a listing of both a white jersey and a gold jersey of the player that is of to interest to me. In checking mini-camp photos, I see where my player of interest is wearing white while a defensive player is wearing gold (the defensive player made the roster, but was assigned another number). Can a Steelers fan or collector please clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for 1974/75 WFL uniforms and NFL/AFL durene jerseys.

Jags Fan Dan
02-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Not meaning to be critical of anyone's pricing, but I was greatly disappointed to see the price of the player I was interested in obtaining. He played in one regular-season game, and the game was on the road where the Steelers wore white (the jersey for sale was black). Priced at a grand, I could not justify that kind of money. I made an offer on the jersey at a price that I thought was reasonable considering that the jersey was never actually worn in a regular-season game. My offer was rejected, but I will say that they were very courteous and professional in our communications.

The jersey is no longer on their website, so I guess that it sold. Having recently purchased 2 hard-to-find durene NFL jerseys that are close to 50 years old at a combined price of about half of the asking price of a current Steelers player who has played in only one regular-season NFL game (and didn't wear the jersey in that game), I have to wonder where the hobby is heading if this is any indication of what a jersey will cost. This also makes me pause to think that perhaps the hobby has passed me by, at least from the standpoint of collecting current-era jerseys. I hope not . . .

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for 1974/75 World Football League uniforms.

Current era NFL is beyond my price range. I have switched my focus to baseball, namely Cincinnati Reds, and am finding much better selection, quality and prices on pieces of interest to me.

EA884
02-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Why do you all figure current NFL items are priced so high? I assume it's the popularity of football over other sports.

bgakladd
02-08-2015, 02:14 PM
I saw where they listed a number of practice jerseys. The player of interest to me is an offensive linemen. I was thinking that the Steelers offensive players wore white, and the defensive players wore gold at practice and mini-camp in 2014.

Regardless, there is a listing of both a white jersey and a gold jersey of the player that is of to interest to me. In checking mini-camp photos, I see where my player of interest is wearing white while a defensive player is wearing gold (the defensive player made the roster, but was assigned another number). Can a Steelers fan or collector please clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Seems like certain numbers were worn between two players quite a few times during Rookie free agency try outs. Although not the 2014 season, here is a 2013 Steelers season for Rookie free agency try outs showing the numbers they wore and these numbers didn't show up on the eventual 2013 regular season roster (at least from what I could find). Could be possible for the limited amount of numbers to use and the numbers that are designated for certain positions, (rostered players' numbers are already taken) and the amount of people showing up for free agency tryouts they split the numbers up between 2 people, one for use on offense, the other for use on defense.

G1X
02-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Seems like certain numbers were worn between two players quite a few times during Rookie free agency try outs. Although not the 2014 season, here is a 2013 Steelers season for Rookie free agency try outs showing the numbers they wore and these numbers didn't show up on the eventual 2013 regular season roster (at least from what I could find). Could be possible for the limited amount of numbers to use and the numbers that are designated for certain positions, (rostered players' numbers are already taken) and the amount of people showing up for free agency tryouts they split the numbers up between 2 people, one for use on offense, the other for use on defense.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand that they have duplicate numbers for some camp players. My issue is that if the offense wears white and the defense wears gold, why are both colored practice jersey attributed to the same player?

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

War Helmets
02-14-2015, 12:03 PM
I bought the Cam Thomas game used helmet & I love it.He is no star,but I have had terrible luck getting a real gamer and I have a photo match on it to the Ravens wildcard game.I will upload a pic of the gashed up helmet.One thing about my helmet is that it is a Xenith brand helmet which is a helmet co.I never knew existed.I know the price was high,but I am super satisfied.I still can't believe the Steelers sold all of this.Maybe most or all NFL teams will let S.M. do this in the future.They might be high but they are the real deal and I missed out on Jo co a few years back & NFL auctions never has a lid I want.Now I am at peace till I start wanting my next one :)

stonedylan
02-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Are these Steeler game used items NFL authenticated?

War Helmets
02-15-2015, 10:44 AM
They come with a lifetime guarantee.I am not a jersey guy but I am a helmet guy,and all the helmets I tried to get a photo match on was true and I photo matched 10+ I searched for .The jerseys look legit to me,but some look a little too clean and unworn but maybe they washed them, but they are the real deal just kind of high priced.But where else are you gonna get this stuff? The Steelers have never done anything like this before to my knowledge.I hope them & most teams will do this with S.M. in the future.It might be a one time thing so I couldn't miss out

War Helmets
02-15-2015, 10:57 AM

I talked with my sales rep for a good 20 minutes about this stuff.He said he was there at the wildcard game,and a little after the game he was in the Steeler locker room packing all helmets & jerseys except Ben,Miller,Troy,Harrison & a few others.I noticed they even got the locker name plates & skull caps with cloves,cleats ect.He then told me the best players Lawrence Timmons ect. were sold by them calling they're best customers over the years first which he said sold in minutes & the rest went online

snick33
02-15-2015, 11:44 AM
I talked with my sales rep for a good 20 minutes about this stuff.He said he was there at the wildcard game,and a little after the game he was in the Steeler locker room packing all helmets & jerseys except Ben,Miller,Troy,Harrison & a few others.I noticed they even got the locker name plates & skull caps with cloves,cleats ect.He then told me the best players Lawrence Timmons ect. were sold by them calling they're best customers over the years first which he said sold in minutes & the rest went online

I hate to start anything but it was 20 days after the wild card game when they boxed jerseys and helmet form the southside facility. Fanatics seems to give different answers to different ppl. Its kinda funny. But I talked to the guy that runs the Pittsburgh branch that day

War Helmets
02-15-2015, 07:44 PM
I hate to start anything but it was 20 days after the wild card game when they boxed jerseys and helmet form the southside facility. Fanatics seems to give different answers to different ppl. Its kinda funny. But I talked to the guy that runs the Pittsburgh branch that day

Yeah you know how those sales guys can be sometimes lol.I am a fan of the horrible Raiders but had to have a Steeler helmet for my collection.Have the Steelers ever done anything like this before?

stonedylan
02-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Not NFL authenticated? Problems?

snick33
02-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Not NFL authenticated? Problems?

Nothing from the NFL per say. Has the Fanatics Holograms.

If you are talking of the PSA DNA certs. Just my opinion they can wipe their #@$ with them. Ive seen many jerseys on NFLA that are away jerseys. But are dated for a home game. Or the marks don't match at all. Never bought one from them for that reason. Even though I successfully matched it to the proper game.

Unless I can match it I usually don't buy it. Unless I trust the seller 100%
I have purchased gloves that had the tape residue in the exact spot. So I feel comfortable with Fanatics.

stonedylan
02-16-2015, 10:44 PM
My experience with Fanatics has been marginal at best regarding game used items!

mbenga28
02-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Did all the star player items already sell out, are is Fanatics looking to sell the other players first?

sprint23
02-17-2015, 12:42 PM
When I inquired about Polamalu items the Fanatics rep told me that Steelers "brass" took all of the star players items so I wouldn't hold my breath.