PDA

View Full Version : www.GameExclusives.com

Bernie J. Gernay
12-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Wanted to pass this new game used site onto to everyone (www.GameExclusives.com (http://www.GameExclusives.com)). The items look to be authentic and they better be with those prices. If they don't adjust their prices according to true industry value, they will be out of business very soon. Even if their jerseys were UNWASHED, the prices would still be out of whack.

I'm assuming the only way to get an NFL team to give you exclusive rights to their game used jerseys, you would have to pay astronomical amounts of money as it seems this was the case here. Thus, pricing yourself completely out of the industry.

I found this paragraph on the "About Us" page. Does anyone else find this amusing?

We do not work with outside groups, middlemen, or wholesalers, so the price you pay is the lowest price that the item will ever be offered at. In the memorabilia business, this is known as “the opening price”. Simply stated, the next time you find these limited collectibles for sale, you will be paying the secondary or higher prices in the marketplaces.

I think it is great to see real modern football gamers offered but I think there are delusions of grandeur going on here. If you bought ANY jersey on the site at the asking price and put it into an auction house you'd be lucky to get half your money back.

Soonerfan65
12-21-2005, 06:28 PM
WOW, 4K for Roy Williams? Roy's my favorite ex-Sooner in the NFL, but that's flat out ridiculous, throwback or not.

John

rbalm
12-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Yes, some of these jerseys may seem steep for the player but I think one needs to put it in perspective. Football players wear less jerseys than baseball players so the supply is less. I think $4.4K for a Shaun Alexander is worth it. Look what real Pujols jerseys go for. These jerseys are coming via the team. No problem with authenticity. Also, look what some of the jerseys go for in the NFL auction on ebay. I believe it is what the buyer is willing to pay. I would not spend $8k for a Ray lewis jersey, but some one will on Ebay. The jerseys are not all price bad at the above site. They had Brandon Stokely's jersey going for $800. He only caught 3 tds in that game which Manning broke a TD record.

With all the fake jerseys out in the market place, I would rather buy from the source. Yes, I do realize that sometimes teams are not right either but it should be easier to get your money back from the team then a crook.

Adam

34swtns
08-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Sure wish somebody had screen captures of some of their inventory pages. A boatload of their stuff has hit the secondary market lately (several pieces of which I've bought) and I'm curious to see what the original asking prices were.

5kRunner
08-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Sure wish somebody had screen captures of some of their inventory pages. A boatload of their stuff has hit the secondary market lately (several pieces of which I've bought) and I'm curious to see what the original asking prices were.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.gameexclusives.com

Some inventory pages are archived and some aren't. Thought it might help you find what you are looking for.

34swtns
08-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Wow, that is like jumping in a time machine. There were a few Cowboys jerseys archived but no Bears stuff, unfortunately.
Thanks for posting that link though!